First attempt at home Dominican Blow out

skegeesmb

SUCKED! My hair was still thick. I gave up and just flat ironed it. I am all thumbs with that freaking hairdryer. And using the other hand to use the brush...fuggetaboutit! I suck suck suck. I don't want to have to depend on hairdressors to get that look. I still can't get my rollers to stay tight on my head unless the tops are the snap ons, and I left those in Louisiana so I have my backup rollers without the tops here. My rollerset came out pretty straight but not as straight.

Waaah! I'm just venting.

But seriously hand held dryers who use the brush and handryer method, and how long did it take you to get good results? I couldn't even blow out the roots straight, I guess I'm all thumbs, please help a sistah out!

it is hard honey. I STILL cant do the blowing portion of it very well myself. You should try using a rat tail comb at the roots only and see if that works better. Its still hard, but its a little easier than the brush....

I know..my hair is 22 inches long and I get my sister to roller set me...since the hair so long she can barely get the clips to stay in place. But when I go the Dominican salon those rollers are locked in tight and the curls are smooth and firm when they take them out! They are amazing!! It costs me $25-$30 to get my hair done because of the length. I flat iron to the best of my ability but it never ever comes out as sleek and slick as at the Dominican salon...
smirk.gif

I never have trouble with the rollers...its my roots being a little poofy when I remove them thats the trouble. But that happens even when I get it done at the salon....

its all about technique. the stylists make it look so easy, don't they? with my curly hair, i'm not even going to try a roller set at home. from now on, i'll maintain my no-heat styles and let the wonderful dominican ladies straighten my hair.

My first one came out beautifully... thanks to advice from Tracy. I did the whole 9 yards ... rounds ceremic brush and everything. I think the trick is to get the brush situated on the hair, so that you can pull it snuggly, while you have the heat directed your newgrowth. I've found that a round brush with hard bristles is better at gripping the hair than soft bristles.

Just give it some more practice. I'm sure you'll be able to do it, and when you do, you won't be able to stop looking at your beautiful hair in the mirror!!!!!!!!

ohhh, BTW ... I did have to put a little cream on my roots for the blowout ... I used Kids Organics Fortifying cream ... something like that.

I tried a blow out this weekend. I think my problem is-my hair was not rolled tightly enough and the bristles on my brush were not hard enough to grip my hair. I will try again in two weeks.

Auntybe

Back