Fire to cut hair!

queenofmean68

Tonight on the BET news there was a story about a barber in Memphis that uses FIRE(yes flames!) to cut his clients hair! He says that it is the best thing for split ends and in all the years he has been using this method only one fire got out of control....due to too many chemicals in the client's hair.
There is NO WAY I would sit still with an open flame next to my head!

I saw that on good day Live months ago. He was using long stemmed candle on the episode I saw.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, that is what I was thinkin...I would have to hurt somebody if they came at my hair with some fire!
mad.gif

That may sound unusual, but this is a very old technique. My great grandmother used to do this to eliminate split ends, but she was also a Cherokee Indian. Her hair was really really long. I think it stems from the fact that the Bible implicitly says that a woman should not cut her hair, soo do it with fire to singe the ends. Jennifer B. had an article about this on the longhairlovers website. Sounds a little dangerous too me. I definitely wouldn't do it.

I've seen the technique on a Latino television program. The stylist used a candle flame on ends of small sections of hair
au.gif
It looked interesting so I tried it, but I wasn't successful...AND THE SMELL!
obm.gif
I guess you should be a professional.

that will just burn the hair ends, get rid of the split ends, but because they've been damaged by the fire, the split ends just open up again. I heard of some stylists in Brazil that did that. I'd never do that. If I'm afraid of using a curling iron on my hair,not to say burn it with fire!!!!
naughty.gif

[ QUOTE ]
honey_jammz82 said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, that is what I was thinkin...I would have to hurt somebody if they came at my hair with some fire!
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Yeah they used to do this in Sweden too (where I live) in the 70-s and before. At least that's what my mother told me.

That sounds interesting, but I would never try it. When I was in middle school there was this girl who would burn her hair with a lighter, but it was just to get attention. Everyone thought it was cool at the time.

[ QUOTE ]
in all the years he has been using this method only one fire got out of control

[/ QUOTE ]

Um well, that's ONE fire too many
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif

You've got me CRYING over here!
laugh.gif

Stylist: Good afternoon, Supergirl. Today I'll be using fire to trim your hair."

Supergirl: "YOUR MAMA!"

I remember looking at a picture of my mom and some of her friends from work and they were backstage in this nighclub they used to work at that had a stylist on hand for the performers. In the picture, one of the guys was sitting in the stylists chair and the stylist had a candle with a huge flame towards his head!
Being so so young and worried about the well being of the guy I had to ask my mom why was this guy's head being burned, and she told me that was how they treated the performers hair there!
This was back in the early 70's.

What!!!!!! Like Cedric the Entertainer said - I wish...

Y'all know what I'm talking about!!!!!

Kedra
FREE JANET!!

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif

laugh.gif

Stylist: Good afternoon, Supergirl. Today I'll be using fire to trim your hair."

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's "YO' MAMA!"
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
kedra70 said:
What!!!!!! Like Cedric the Entertainer said - I wish...

Y'all know what I'm talking about!!!!!

Kedra
FREE JANET!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the WISH CREED
trampoline.gif

Whoa! I didn't realize that cutting/trimming your hair with fire was that common! I wonder what other " strange techniques" are used.
If my stylist came at me with a flame, I would be on the 5 o'clock news!

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's "YO' MAMA!"
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
queenofmean68 said:
Whoa! I didn't realize that cutting/trimming your hair with fire was that common! I wonder what other " strange techniques" are used.
If my stylist came at me with a flame, I would be on the 5 o'clock news!

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
and 6 and 10 o'clock too!

Wow! I've never heard of such a thing. But it seems that most of the people that have been mentioned are ones with Type 1 hair - in Sweden, Native Cherokee American's etc. Is it a Type 1 hair thing?? I just can't imagine too many 1, 2, 3, or 4 AA women saying "Hey today, I'm going to go get my hair burned off!" Please explain!!! And yes, Supergirl, I'd have to interject some ebonics on some stylist coming at me with fire!!!

[ QUOTE ]
CocoaCure said:
Wow! I've never heard of such a thing. But it seems that most of the people that have been mentioned are ones with Type 1 hair - in Sweden, Native Cherokee American's etc. Is it a Type 1 hair thing?? I just can't imagine too many 1, 2, 3, or 4 AA women saying "Hey today, I'm going to go get my hair burned off!" Please explain!!! And yes, Supergirl, I'd have to interject some ebonics on some stylist coming at me with fire!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

or we could just be country like Anky and say "Hell Naw."

laugh.gif
rofl.gif

Back