FingerComber Hair - Havanna Twists

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Ladies, I just received my Finger Comber hair for the Havanna Twists. I've NEVER done braids with extensions before and I want to do the Havanna Twists myself. I think I can handle it but........I don't know how to prep the extension hair prior to installing it.

Should I wash/cowash it? Is there another solution I should soak it in? Do I even have to wash it? Should I treat it like I would my hair? Can I oil it? Help!

I want to do the twists this weekend, so I want to wash/prep the extensions ASAP.

Thanks for your help, ladies.

Wash hair with diluted shampoo, then soak with a solution of apple cidar vinegar and water. Use a ratio of 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 3 cup h2o, let soak for about 10 minutes then rinse it off. Let hair airdry overnight.

It's not totally necessary to do anything before installing. I washed the hair once I took it out of my Havana twists style and just put some shampoo through it, rinsed it well, twisted into a giant twist and let it dry. Good as new to reuse for another install of Havana twists

It's not totally necessary to do anything before installing. I washed the hair once I took it out of my Havana twists style and just put some shampoo through it, rinsed it well, twisted into a giant twist and let it dry. Good as new to reuse for another install of Havana twists

thanks, JosieLynn! I'm kinda scared to install it without washing. I've heard soooo many stories of the itchies. Besides I have no idea where it's been and I'm a little anal about my hair. So...............i'm off to wash.

Back