Fined haired naturals....

i learned the hard way. Anything that puts extra weight on my head, and i do mean EXTRA, will cause my hair to break off.

I have tried kinky twists with extensions - they kept sliding off

individuals - sliding and breaking off my sides and crown. My hair started becoming thinner with each install, plus the african braiders just braided too tight.

weaves - way too heavy for my natural hair. I thought weaves were supposed to GROW your hair. I wondered why the whole time i wore them, that every take down, i had thinner hair - especially at the crown and sides.

Finally, 3 months ago, i decided to change up my growth aide, and 5 months ago, i introduced MSM into my smoothies - plus 2 extra capsules every morning.

i put away all of the weave hair, and asked for cornrows. The difference was amazing. My SO noticed it on the first takedown. My beautician kept saying: "Your hair is really growing and coming in thicker."

I put 2 and 2 together and realized. I could have had great growth by having less "high tension" hair styles. The MSM was a huge help as well..

Today, i can wear 2 french braids (goddess braids/slave braids) without a lot of extension hair. I only have that in to hold the style for at least 6 weeks. Otherwise, ladies, i have sides, and crown all grown in.

I had to learn the hard way took me 2 long damn years to realize, weaves/singles/twists with extensions aren't for everyone.

OP ^^ THE ABOVE IS MY LIFE

i have the same experiences
allllllllllllllllll braids, weaves, extensions thin my hair
breakage usually in the crown with these installs <<<( word i learned on the boards):drunk: but i am only using up the ton of hair i have left (bought before natural) and no longer want to use any add-ins

Back