fine/thin hair...help!!!

queen1908

I have extremely fine/thin hair due to coloring and alot of heat! What can I do to grow and thicken my hair? Any tips???

I would recommend a few things:

1. lay off the heat!
2. re evaluate the coloring and if your hair can deal with it
3. deep condition, moisturize, use protective styles
4. consider using a growth aide. I am currently using Mega-Tek and have noticed considerable thickening of my hair

If you give us more details on your regimen, many ladies here can probably advise you even better.

HHG

You can use herbs to heal your scalp. Indian herbs are a good choice or herb tea rinses. That will began to heal the damage on your scalp.

Thanks ladies!!!

I actually just started to deep condition a few days ago! :( I honestly hadnt taken an active approach to growing and thickening my hair back. I just realized the reason it was breaking and not as think as it used to be.

Where can I get the Mega Tex and Oils?

Thanks again!
Queen

Thanks ladies!!!

I actually just started to deep condition a few days ago! :( I honestly hadnt taken an active approach to growing and thickening my hair back. I just realized the reason it was breaking and not as think as it used to be.

Where can I get the Mega Tex and Oils?

Thanks again!
Queen

Here's one place that you can get the Mega-Tek from: http://www.americanlivestock.com/pc-814-15004-mega-tek.aspx. I believe this is what all of the ladies are using. I'm suffering from something similiar, but my thinning is due to stress.

my hair thinned REAL BAD when i bleached my hair with a rubber cap. when i would get curls in pictures you would be able to see my scalp through the curl. here it is a year later and my hair is much thicker due to deep conditioning. this past summer i co washed everyday and deep conditioned overnight 3 times a week. now i deep condition 1-2 times a week and my hair is so much thicker.

so i would say constant deep conditioning will do the trick but it will take time.

Also, if you are relaxed, try to stretch your relaxers as long as you can....this way your hair can take a break from the chemicals

Back