Fine haired Ladies…

charmtreese

…and those that can benefit from some extra protein between washes!!
I’ve been using Joico Kpak Liquid Reconstructor on my NG and ends and then sealing with my oil mix at night and my hair seems to be responding really well.

After my last relaxer touch up (I had someone else do it…big mistake) I started noticing a lot of breakage on my recently cut hair…I wanted to up my protein but my hair does not respond well to cream protein moisturizers. Therefore I went looking for a spray…and bingo!!! My hair already really loves the Kpak line so this is a match made in hair haven!!!

I’m still dealing with some breakage, but a lot less than before and my hair is ubber soft and moisturize!

I have a K-PAK leave in (foam) reconstructor, that I purchased last year, that is WONDERFUL but I cannot find it anymore. I wonder how the liquid reconstructor compares...

I have a K-PAK leave in (foam) reconstructor, that I purchased last year, that is WONDERFUL but I cannot find it anymore. I wonder how the liquid reconstructor compares...

Yeah, I love the foam one too...I usually use that on wet hair when rollersetting.

Are you doing this every night? The spray is supposedly comparable to the cream reconstructor, which of course is quite strong, I don't think I could tolerate that amount of protein daily. A couple of sprays in between washes could be okay though. :scratchch

Are any naturals using KPAK? I've been doing an egg or molasses treatment every other week but I feel like I need something stronger for my edges.

Are you doing this every night? The spray is supposedly comparable to the cream reconstructor, which of course is quite strong, I don't think I could tolerate that amount of protein daily. A couple of sprays in between washes could be okay though. :scratchch

I use it about 4-5 days a week. My hair is really fine and fragile so I have not encountered any adverse effects from the protien. Only stronger, softer hair with more elasticity and less breakage! :yep: But I will keep my eyes on things!

My hair's super fine! I've always been scared to try OTT protein, but for the last two weeks i've been using MTG every other day and my hair loves it :-/ no protein overdose yet!

It gets a bit dry, but it's nothing that a water-based moisturiser won't fix and it's getting STRONGER!

FYI- I just did a search and it is $13.19 on Overstock.com, I really want to try this I may get some.

Joico K-Pak Liquid 10.1-oz Reconstructor
Write a review
Was $21.19
Today $13.19
Save $8.00 (38%)

I was using Aphogee Leave in Conditioner... I wonder how they compare. I need all the help I can get so I can keep growing! I will have to check this out!

I just discovered that my strands were very fine. That explains why I have so much breakage! I would use aphogee 2 min reconstructor and triple nutrition moisturizer and my hair would feel great. The next day, if I put any water or water based product on it, it would start breaking. Now I use cantu Shea butter leave in and a care free curl. Sometimes that doesn't seem like enough! I'm so frustrated. No matter what I try( I.e protective styling, Protein and moisture products, co-washing) my ends keep breaking/ splitting/ knotting. I just don't know what to do. My hair is only happy when it is plaited up and untouched.

Back