Fine-haired Ladies...

Nice & Wavy

If you would like your hair to look nice and full after you straighten it, do pin curls:yep:

I've finally implemented pincurls as an option instead of wrapping my hair, and it looks beautiful...sorry, I didn't take pics.

I only did 4 large ones: 2 in front and 2 in back. I used roller clips, small ones that are plastic and in color. My hair came out really nice this morning....I'm really digging it:grin:

Just thought I would share cause I know what its like when you want some body in the hair without having tight curls.

ITA! I was introduced to pin curls years ago and I have been in love ever since! They give you really nice volume....I love 'em!

I agree. I'm really lazy and only do 1 or 2 big pin curls but it makes a big difference and gives the hair more life and movement. I really don't like stick straight hair anymore at all. It's funny because in my younger days I was obsessed with it.

ITA! I was introduced to pin curls years ago and I have been in love ever since! They give you really nice volume....I love 'em!
I've already gotten so many compliments and one of the "fair" girls at work asked me what mousse did I use to get such volume and how did I get it to be so soft...:lachen:

I agree. I'm really lazy and only do 1 or 2 big pin curls but it makes a big difference and gives the hair more life and movement. I really don't like stick straight hair anymore at all. It's funny because in my younger days I was obsessed with it.
I can see doing 2 big ones too...one on each side and it would still give me body, just not so much. Since this was my first time, I know a little tweeking will help me get the look I want. I love the fact that there are soft waves in my hair....I LOVE IT!!!

I've never liked stick straight hair, so I was always so frustrated when I did have it straight:yep:

I have been trying to master pincurls for ever, and its just not working for me. I'm gonna keep working on it, tho

I have been trying to master pincurls for ever, and its just not working for me. I'm gonna keep working on it, tho
You know, last night was my first time and it came out great.

I took the section, smoothed it and at the end, started rolling it up as if I was rolling it on a roller...it rolled right up. I then took the pins and placed one on each side, just like I do when I rollerset...I was done in 5 minutes.

Thank you, Nice & Wavy, I think that explanation helped more than anyone elses! You make it sound so simple and it makes sense now...I'm gonna give it another try!

I'll have to try this consistenly, I love big, bouncy hair. Plus, I'm tried of the damage that wrapping does and cross wrapping is hard for me to do.

thanks for sharing this Nice & Wavy. Just last night, I was thinking of what I could do styling wise for my hair. The next time I wash/dc, I will try pin curling.

I pin curl when I get my hair flat ironed and it is wonderful. It's a fool proof way to lessen the amount of heat you have to put on your hair to maintain a straightened style and it definitely makes my style last longer. My hair gets less greasy and doesn't flake/etc. when I pin curl. When I wrapped I had a problem both with greasiness and flakes...hated it!!!

I usually put about 8 pin curls all over my head - my hair is thick so I don't think I could get away with 2-3 pin curls. It literally takes 5 minutes and the results are so awesome that even when I fall asleep without doing them I will WAKE UP and go put them in! Now it takes a lot for me to get up out of my sleep and complete a task, so it's definitely worth it! :yep:

thanks for sharing this Nice & Wavy. Just last night, I was thinking of what I could do styling wise for my hair. The next time I wash/dc, I will try pin curling.
You are welcome girl. When you try it, let us know how it came out.:yep:

I pin curl when I get my hair flat ironed and it is wonderful. It's a fool proof way to lessen the amount of heat you have to put on your hair to maintain a straightened style and it definitely makes my style last longer. My hair gets less greasy and doesn't flake/etc. when I pin curl. When I wrapped I had a problem both with greasiness and flakes...hated it!!!

I usually put about 8 pin curls all over my head - my hair is thick so I don't think I could get away with 2-3 pin curls. It literally takes 5 minutes and the results are so awesome that even when I fall asleep without doing them I will WAKE UP and go put them in! Now it takes a lot for me to get up out of my sleep and complete a task, so it's definitely worth it! :yep:
Your hair is awesome girl! I love your length and your thickness too!

This is going to be the norm for me now...no more wrapping:yep:

It's 4:20pm EST and my hair is still full and looks good. It got a little frizz because of the weather, but it still looks nice:yep:

Back