Fine-Haired Ladies What Dominican Products?

Lavendar

Hey girlies!

What dominican products are you using for your fine hair? I just tried my first Dominican product...Miss key 10 en 1 super conditioner...and it made my hair thick beyond belief. My fine hair was thick, thick, thick....unbelievable. It also really made my new growth beg for mercy.:grin: It actually straightened all those coils for a few days and I was able to manage my protective styles better. Only thing my hair was a little dryer than normal after a few days, but I'm gonna try it a couple more times cause there may be another reason for that. The result I got was too great not to work with it, and it was not excessively dry like I would get with cones. So now I'm really intrigued by these products and my PJism has kicked back into high gear.:look: I was always skeptical about the shampoos cause I heard they can be harsh. So what are some good poos and cons for our hair texture? Thanks sistas!;)

Oooh nice!!! Gotta try that now, after such a rave review! ;) Always looking for something thats gonna thicken up these fine strands!

Well i personally like any shampoo/conditioner/rinse (detangling) by Capilo or Nacidit. In particular, i like the Aceite de Olive or Aguacate! The products are so creamy and smooth and leave my hair extra soft and supple! LOVE EEET!!!!!! :grin:

Last edited:
I was just about to type.....Lav you all but called out Kini's name. I knew she would come to the rescuse. :)

Letitia said:
I was just about to type.....Lav you all but called out Kini's name. I knew she would come to the rescuse. :)

:lachen: Girl you know i jump all over the Dominican threads with the quickness! :lol: :lol: :lol:

KiniKakes said:
:lachen: Girl you know i jump all over the Dominican threads with the quickness! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's good though. It's always great to have someone to come help out with advice on prodcuts they KNOW.

I still have to try Aceite de Olive. I ordered it and haven't tried it out yet. Thanks for the review on it.

Lavendar said:
Hey girlies!

What dominican products are you using for your fine hair? I just tried my first Dominican product...Miss key 10 en 1 super conditioner...and it made my hair thick beyond belief. My fine hair was thick, thick, thick....unbelievable. It also really made my new growth beg for mercy.:grin: It actually straightened all those coils for a few days and I was able to manage my protective styles better. Only thing my hair was a little dryer than normal after a few days, but I'm gonna try it a couple more times cause there may be another reason for that. The result I got was too great not to work with it, and it was not excessively dry like I would get with cones. So now I'm really intrigued by these products and my PJism has kicked back into high gear.:look: I was always skeptical about the shampoos cause I heard they can be harsh. So what are some good poos and cons for our hair texture? Thanks sistas!;)

Girl I loves me some Miss Key SUPER 10 en 1 :weird: ..thats one of my staples..its the bomb..Ive tried Nacidit Avocado Cream conditioner it was good at first but my hair acts up with mineral oil after awhile...I loves me some Lacio Lacio leave-in:clap: ...talk about hair that is silky,shiny,and bouncey Oh ma goodness :D

Letitia said:

I know right!!!:lol: I was hoping Kini would help me out cause our hair textures are almost identical, especially in her beautiful new pic. Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve to flat-iron the fluffy out of my hair so you can see. I still scurred of heat!:lol:

Kini - Thanks so much for the recommendations! Imma check the local BSS and see if I can find these, if not I will check online. I'm on a mission to get that silkiness you got going on over there!;)

MissMadam - That Miss Keys really did shock the mess outta me. And oddly enough, I didn't really like it the whole time I was using it. I didn't like the funny texture, I didn't like how my hair felt when I put it on, I didn't like that it wasn't really slippy after I used the heat, I didn't like it when I was washing it out cause my comb didn't slide through my hair like it normally does under running water. In fact, I didn't even both to detangle. I just figured I'd get my leave-ins and work it out. I was mad cause I figured I just wasted money! I wrapped my hair up in the microfiber towel for a few minutes while I got dressed and thangs. Took it down and WOW!!! I combed through all my usually fine tangled strands without a drop of leave-in. Nothing. It was smooth and my new growth was stretched and smooth. And I love the baby powder smell. As my hair dried it got bigger and bigger, but it stayed smooth and straight.;)

You know I look at that Lacio Lacio every time I go to the BSS. I just keep thinking, what if I like that better than my Direct Leave-In? I can't bear to part with it! Decisions, decisions.:lol:

This is on my list. I want to mix it with my Emergencia and Silicon Mix to give it a whirl. I mixed the Emergencia and Silicon last Thursday, I can't say my hair looked thicker but it was definately silky, soft and bouncy. Love that Lacio Lacio too.

This thread is interesting to me and now I feel I fell into the products that work for some heads and not for others category as far as Dominican products go..:ohwell:

I used Dominican products from my teenage years throughout my adulthood...and I thought that they worked for me, until I stopped and started to use other products in 2004 and later & I realized..um..nah...I needed to let them go.

(thank the lord for PJ'ism and trying new things)

I really, really, really wanted them to work, I even convinced myself that they did...but they just don't compare to NTM, White Rain, Garnier, etc. for my fine hair.

But if Lacio Lacio (with the mink oil) counts as a Dominican product, then that's my hair banger for rollersets and this no name Olive Cholesterol conditioner made in Miami counts, then that's on my list too (a whole big jug for like 7 bucks:p )

MonaLisa said:
But if Lacio Lacio (with the mink oil) counts as a Dominican product, then that's my hair banger for rollersets and this no name Olive Cholesterol conditioner made in Miami counts, then that's on my list too (a whole big jug for like 7 bucks:p )

So does Lacio Lacio work well with air-drying, cause I get the impression people mainly use it with heat.

I'm still loving Praital Silk Worm Moisturizing Créme...actually I just got done with my hair and my supply is running low (I'm going to order the big gallon size next ). I really feel that this is my holy grail Dominican conditioner-I don't need to try anything else. On occasion, I do use Nacidit Olive Oil conditioner for a moisturizing deep treatment.

So far I'm loving Lacio Lacio and Silicon Mix conditioner and leave-in. Those are two I would definitely re-purchase. I've used Miss Keys once and I like it but it's not a strong like. The shine from Lacio Lacio is un-real!

Lavendar said:
So does Lacio Lacio work well with air-drying, cause I get the impression people mainly use it with heat.

I use it with rollersetting w/heat, have never airdried with it.

I've been a sucker for Dominican conditioners since I discovered them when I found the hairboards. I have a few revies on my website about the ones that I like. i will never give up miss Key 10 en 1. It is a very moisturizing product!

Back