Fine Haired ladies, do you use castor oil on your ends?

vevster

I'm just getting back into really caring for my hair and my ends are dry. They probably need to be trimmed but if castor oil can help until I can get around to trimming them... then I'll pick some up.

Thoughts?

Vev, I'm telling you, castor oil da bomb!!! :clapping: It has been the singlemost effective product for keeping my ends nice and warding off breakage. The trick is to use just a dollop of it. I use Kid's Organic Shea Butter Moisturizing and Detangling Lotion. Just a little bit because it's a little watery. I follow that up with castor oil on my ends, do one big bantu knot, tie my hair up with a silk scarf, and go to bed. The next morning, my hair is so soft (I'm 16 weeks post relaxer), and my ends look great. I really do think it's the castor oil. I suppose one could do the same thing if they wanted to roll the hair up each night.

Cosigning on the castor oil. It can really make a difference on those misbehaving ends. That is one purchase you will not regret. Plus castor oil will make you hair stands plump up.

Vev, I'm telling you, castor oil da bomb!!! :clapping: It has been the singlemost effective product for keeping my ends nice and warding off breakage. The trick is to use just a dollop of it.

Just as she said, you only need a tiny bit. I am a natural, and sometimes I twist my entire head only using caster oil. I will mist the hair, and make sure that i spray the ends really good with my homemade leave-in. then I will twist up my hair with castor oil, pulling a little extra on my ends. It really seems to work and keep my hair very soft. You do have to be careful, b/c if you use too much then your hair will be really greasy. I love my castor oil though:grin:

I wear my hair out or down must of the time and it seems like even a little weighs my hair down. I really wish castor oil could work for me :nono:

I sometimes do but mostly I use it as an overnight treatment or pre-poo and then wash it out. My hair is very fine and I think castor oil is a good treatment for my hair.

Castor oil really works for me but I'm wearing my hair up most of the time. It's worked wonders on my hairline. I put it on at night so it's absorbed by the time I get up in the am.

Castor oil is the new love in my life...
Ive been wearing my hair up since I started using it...but Im thinking it would work fine for my wash n go's too. If you are wearing your hair down and straight and want to avoid making it too oily or stiff..I would suggest wrapping it at night with just a few drops of castor oil smoothed over your wrap...that should work pretty well. Or just add a few drops to your ends after washing and applying your leave in to seal the ends. There are lots of ways it could be incorporated.

Thanks, ladies! I picked some up today.... I'm going to use it pre- pooing tomorow. Moroni, I'm going to check out the thread you mentioned.

I have fallen in love with castor oil. I smooth on just a touch of my favorite cream moisturizer and follow with just a small amount of castor oil. Aftey yesterdays all day rain, my hair was a little frizzy. I carefully moisturized and sealed each section and this morning, it looks like I just flatironed it. Castor oil is probably one of the best things I have found all year long. I wish I bought it years ago.

:up: :up: Castor oil has been the saving grace of my ends! I slather it on to seal when bunning and use just a eyedrop to protect my ends when I'm wearing it out.

I cant say enough about this stuff. I really like the way my hair has been feeling the last couple of weeks with using castor oil. I have a mixture of EVOO, castor oil and water. My hair feels really soft and smooth and it also gives a shine out of this world.

I have fine hair and I loooooooooooove castor oil. I just use it in small amounts and it doesn't feel heavy at all. My hair is the softest it's ever been.

I love Castor Oil! It helps to keep my ends smooth. I apply Castor Oil after my moisturizer before I braid or twist my hair. My twists always look full and plump which is great for fine hair. Castor Oil is definitely a staple for me.:yep:

So I bought it and used it on my ends. Does it ever make your ends stick together? After using it I tried wrapping my hair and it's hard to get the brush through my ends.

Last edited:
Back