Fine-Haired Ladies: Any breakage with HairZings?

HERicane10

Hey ladies, I finally bought my HairZings and love them so far.:yep: Still trying to play with the tension, to make sure they're not pulling to hard. Just wondered if any of you had experienced damage or breakage from using them. It's a bit more difficult to change the position of a HairZing, so how are you guys ensuring damage-free wear?

I'm fine hair'd.....no problems although it does occasionally get hung in my curls but not bad, just like one or two hairs and I can work it out with no problem. I wouldn't expect it not to get a few hairs hung in it once in a while with all of my big poofy hair that would be impossible. I even use them to pull back twists and I wear the hairzing tight....no problems. Great investment...couldn't be without em'.

I can't say the same for those knock off's though (the cheap ones you can find in walmart, walgreens now). They seem to get tangled worse and have sharp edges.

I've seen these at BedBath&Beyond and I keep picking them up and putting them down. My hair is fine/thin and relaxed. I wear my hair back and/up most of the time and HairZings sound like they would be good.

However, a lot of hair ornaments with beading that I've tried have snapped my hair so I just rely on my trusty Good Hair Days Pins.

What the heck I may just try them and if they don't work out, I'll take them back to the store.

I wanted to try those Bumpits too.

I've seen these at BedBath&Beyond and I keep picking them up and putting them down. My hair is fine/thin and relaxed. I wear my hair back and/up most of the time and HairZings sound like they would be good.

However, a lot of hair ornaments with beading that I've tried have snapped my hair so I just rely on my trusty Good Hair Days Pins.

What the heck I may just try them and if they don't work out, I'll take them back to the store.

I wanted to try those Bumpits too.
I'm planning to get a Bumpit too. I'm gonna have to play around with it a lot because I have no idea how I will style my hair with it.

Hey ladies, I finally bought my HairZings and love them so far.:yep: Still trying to play with the tension, to make sure they're not pulling to hard. Just wondered if any of you had experienced damage or breakage from using them. It's a bit more difficult to change the position of a HairZing, so how are you guys ensuring damage-free wear?

No. But I use the hair huggers from QVC . . . basically the same thing. Just be careful.

Thanks guys. ITA, 1-2 hairs is expected, usually not more than that if hair is in good condition (don't be trying to blame hair zing, if u kno you hair need "other" help). :)

I love mine right now, just worried about the potential "pull" effect. I have the bronze and silver now. Want to get the would and black next. I thing 4 is enough and pretty versatile for any style or outfit.

FIne hair here. I use hairzings on a regular basis.

You can feel if it's pulling too tight and you learn to place it so there's no pull

this is my savior!!! Since we cannot attach "extra" to our buns, as the attachment point is a breakage point.

Hairzings are a GREAT growth aid, imo.

I only wear the hair zings when I have twists so my hair doesn't get caught. But the coating on the actual comb is coming/peeling off.

um, I just wet bunned with a hairzing.

can't tell me nuffin!!! I'm doing my own wet bun challenge this summer

Holla!

I almost bypassed this thread because while I am fine haired, I had no idea what a hair zing was. I Googled that term and saw what you were talking about. I have these double comb things but made by another company. I love mine. I've not lost any hair to them. In fact, the whole reason I bought them was to free myself of the breakage that I got from ponytail elastics. I really wish I could find one that had just plain black elastic-no beads. If y'all see any like that let me know.

Thanks LB! DOn't know if a "plain" one is in your future though. People really like them for the easy decorative benefits. Perhaps you could try creating your own........and selling it. :)

I just bought one of these and wore it with my braidout today. It works as a great protective style and of course you can choose the level of tightness you want. I'd love to be able to wear it every day, but I don't think I'll be able to get away with that.

I have fine hair but a lot of it. no problems here. however, the combs do get bent out of shape after a few times wearing them.

Back