Fine Hair Stretch Advice

Renaylor

I have been reading many of the stretching threads that are out there especially Sylver2. I am not a stranger to stretching because I have done it before albeit years ago. My attempt to stretch will be 12 weeks where I will get my hair texlaxed only 4 times a year. My natural hair has become very fine due to the thyroid disease so I think that stretching may be easier than I thought. I also ordered BEE-Mine oil free for sensitive scalps to help with growth and fill in my sparse nape and temples. I know that will have to wear my hair up more. I am trying not to wrap my hair because I know that the brushing is not helping. I there any way to straighten my hair out using flat irons/blow drying( do it at the salon only) I have steam rollers so I can use it. I am also finding out until my hair is stronger not to use regular rollers because the stress does not help my hair. My hair is also not long enough to cross wrap. My hair is still too fragile for braids or weaves. Are there any products fine hair ladies have used that work for you and any styling options. Any help is appreciated.

I wouldn't worry too much with trying to stretch right now. I would focus on improving the strength and health of your hair. As that improves, it will get easier and easier to stretch longer. Make sure you are using products designed to reinforce fragile fine hair with proteins, ceramides, etc.. Also, have you looked into supplements? They can help improve the quality of hair especially since you are battling a thyroid problem.

How are you wearing your hair right now? You can try using pin curls to maintain your hair style which won't stress your hair as much as some other options.

I am working on supplements. I started taking vitamin D w/Calcium and I am going to take flax seed oil like I used too which really helped a lot. I tried pin curling but I can't seem to master it my curls come out too tight and flat when I lay on them at night. I might just airdry and use the steam rollers without wrapping.

Good job on focusing on your health. What's helping me stretch my 4b fine hair right now is drying it stretched in about 8 ponytails. The slight tension keeps my new growth from reverting while it dries. I don't own a blow dryer.

My hair is only in a bob and I'm able to cross wrap it. What I do is I use a duck-bill clip in the middle, one on each side for the ends, wrap the scarf, then pull out the clips. It stays put all night.

Back