Fine hair ladies that use lye relaxers . . .

What has been the best relaxer for your fine hair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gn1g

What LYE relaxer do you use?

I am thinking of changing perms, currently I use TCB With DNA, it's ok but I want to try Mizani Body butter for the moisturizing effects.

Okay, here's the scoop on what I do:

I use Mizani BB mild mixed with about 1/4 of any oil, and cover my scalp and ends with a thick grease or vaseline. I don't know if you want texlaxed hair or not but this gives me texlaxed hair. If you want straighter hair then don't put any oil in the mix

Hi gn1g!!! I love MBB - I use the one for fine color-treated hair...I will not use anything else - I have used it for my last 3 re-touches. You will love it - I have fine hair as well...(I don't use all of the extra stuff that comes with it)

I use Vitale Life & Body regular strength. It gets my hair straight, but not bone straight. My hair isn't all flat and lifeless like with no lye relaxers. Vitale doesn't burn my scalp, either :yep:

Ive been using ORS Lye regular and its been really great. No burning, and my hair isnt left limp and dry afterwards either

I use Bantu regular and my hairdresser works it thru my new growth about two times and washes it out so it's not bone straight.

I have used Design Essentials, which gave me alot of body. My most recent relaxer was with Mizani either sensitive scalp or for Fine/Color treated hair and I like both. I like affirm, but it dryes my hair out after awhile.

I use SE for now and I've been very happy with it. I'm trying to stretch, I can't wait for the weather to change.

Ready to wash and go.....

I use Mizani for fine and color treated hair and add a bit of Oil into it, my hair comes out bouncy and not limp.

Do any of you ladies do the "mid con" step?

After applying the perm, rinse it off and apply a protein conditioner and then neutrilizer?

After applying the perm, rinse it off and apply a protein conditioner and then neutrilizer?

I do - I either use the Ultra Sheen Duo Tex or Aphogee 2 minute - I am trying to get my hands on the Paul Mitchell Super Strong "The Strengthener" - it is so hard to find...

I do - I either use the Ultra Sheen Duo Tex or Aphogee 2 minute - I am trying to get my hands on the Paul Mitchell Super Strong "The Strengthener" - it is so hard to find...

uuh I love that!

So adding this step doesn't cause your perm to revert?

I do this with Aphogee 2 minute. I was using ORS lye but switched to Silk Elements. They both do fine for me. I have used Design Essentials but it left my hair too straight and Mizani BB I didn't like because I felt underprocessed.

Hey there,

Is this the product you are looking for:
http://www.sleekhair.com/1181.html

or is it this one:
http://www.goddess-within.com/pamisust.html

hths

ETA:Ladies using Mizani do you feel that it 'melts' your edges at all? I was reading thread re: Mizani yesterday and came across one where the poster stated something about Mizani seemingly to melt her edges.

Last edited:
What LYE relaxer do you use?

I am thinking of changing perms, currently I use TCB With DNA, it's ok but I want to try Mizani Body butter for the moisturizing effects.

Alter Ego Linange Shea Butter Relaxer is the best I've used for moisturizing my fine hair and keeping the strength & elasticity. Makes your hair feel like butter. :grin:

Alter Ego Linange Shea Butter Relaxer is the best I've used for moisturizing my fine hair and keeping the strength & elasticity. Makes your hair feel like butter. :grin:

How many times have you used this product? I don't care for Alter ego products they leave awful build-up on my scalp.

Hey there,

Is this the product you are looking for:
http://www.sleekhair.com/1181.html

or is it this one:
http://www.goddess-within.com/pamisust.html

hths

ETA:Ladies using Mizani do you feel that it 'melts' your edges at all? I was reading thread re: Mizani yesterday and came across one where the poster stated something about Mizani seemingly to melt her edges.

HI MoreHairPlease - Thanks for the info - at Sleek Hair that is just the Super Strong Treatment - not so much "The Strengthener" and on Goddess-Within They had too many bad reviews that is why I did not order it from them - but thanks for trying :bighug: - I have scoured the internet looking for this stuff - I saw it on EBAY and it was in the old packaging (don't how old that stuff is)

HI MoreHairPlease - Thanks for the info - at Sleek Hair that is just the Super Strong Treatment - not so much "The Strengthener" and on Goddess-Within They had too many bad reviews that is why I did not order it from them - but thanks for trying :bighug: - I have scoured the internet looking for this stuff - I saw it on EBAY and it was in the old packaging (don't how old that stuff is)

I completely understand. Let me know where you are able to find it b/c I would love to give it a try too. Do you think it is available for sale at Paul Mitchell schools?

I completely understand. Let me know where you are able to find it b/c I would love to give it a try too. Do you think it is available for sale at Paul Mitchell schools?

I was thinking about that last week but since it's for "Professional Use Only" I doubt they will sell it to "the non-licensed" ....Paul Mitchell is supposed to be releasing their "Super Strong Liquid Treatment" this month but it has not hit the stores yet - I am thinking that this is a version of "The Strengthener" as it can be used after chemical processing too....

Okay, I am going to be relaxing real soon come summer time. How is the Hawiian Silky relaxer? It didn't leave your hair limp did it?

I was thinking about that last week but since it's for "Professional Use Only" I doubt they will sell it to "the non-licensed" ....Paul Mitchell is supposed to be releasing their "Super Strong Liquid Treatment" this month but it has not hit the stores yet - I am thinking that this is a version of "The Strengthener" as it can be used after chemical processing too....

Let me know what you find out.

Okay, I am going to be relaxing real soon come summer time. How is the Hawiian Silky relaxer? It didn't leave your hair limp did it?

When I was texlaxing I used Hawaiian Silky No Base (Lye) Mild strength. For me, it's best because it really does silken while leaving plenty of texture. After relaxing I would have pretty, silky waves. I loved it. No other relaxer did that for me. It definitely didn't leave my hair limp...it was actually quite the contrary.

I also did a mid protein step with Ultra Sheen Duo Tex.

I've been using Mizani Butter Blend for about 1 1/2 yrs (fine/color treated) before that I used Mizani (fine/color treated)...for maybe 12/13 yrs. Love Mizani!

I do the mid step, but not protein...moisture only.

Back