fine hair and need help

kandigyrl

Hi ladies,

I have fine hair type 4a/b. I have been looking for a good moisturizer that does not weigh my hair down or make it feel icky:wallbash:. Would some of you ladies with fine hair tell me what type of moisturizers you've been using :ohwell:.

Thanks

I need to know too, because when I get my hair done at the salon I like to keep it bouncy and fluffy so I really don't moisturize until the style gets old because then my hair gets looks really thin and stringy. All I use is a dab of CHI serum every 3 days

I don't know how to link a thread but there are a few threads on this same issue.

I have fine hair and I learned that I couldn't moisturize everyday if I was wearing my hair down. When you add products a little bit goes a long way.

If I'm wearing my hair in a straight style when I moisturize I use a light spray like John Frieda leave in and seal with a light oil like coconut or a serum.

If I'm wearing my hair in a braid, bun, or any other style that hides the ends, I'll use any water based creamy moisturizer and seal w/oil.

HTH

NTM Silk is gorgeous. I've also discovered Dove Moisture Replenishing Mist - it's wonderful, it keeps my hair beautifully soft and moist. The bad news is they are discontinuing :wallbash: it so I'm going to have to find another water based spray that is a similar formulation, it was just right for my hair.

I've just started to use knot today by kinky curly. I love it on my wet hair. I'm usually wearing a fro so I'm not sure what I'd use on my straight hair

BB Oil Moisturizer is good for my fine hair, and I have recently fallen in love with HydraTherma Naturals Daily Growth Lotion.... :woot:

kids organic (through the whole year)
or ORS olive oil lotion (in the winter or when i baggy)

Attachments

• 03428556712_450x450_a.jpg
    03428556712_450x450_a.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 31-uUzojGNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    31-uUzojGNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 3
I am no heat at the moment so I wear it up a lot. I LOVE HE LTR (Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship). But I would love to find one for when my hair is down.

I am relaxed. Right now I'm using 911 Leave-In Creme Conditioner, I had bought it to use on my weave but the ingredients are decent so I started using it on my own hair. I am also using Herbal Green Tea Butter by hairveda.com, it is shea based so I use it sparingly. Every other day I follow with a little Castor oil on the ends. I used NTM when I was natural and didn't like it but the way everyone goes on and on about it, I might have to try it out again cuz I haven't found my holy grail of moisturizers yet...

I like Qhemet Burdock Buttercream....it's very light and doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

Silk Elements has a moisturizing creme....I use very little on the edges and ends when wearing a bun/ponytail...It's not heavy so you should be able to use it when wearing the hair down

Hi there,

I have fine hair too and have been using a light weight conditioner the one I use for cw(Vo5) and sealing with oil(coconut, sunflower, sesame or evoo).

hths,
tishee

I'm looking into mixing up a moisturizing spritz of rose water/aloe vera juice/ and honeyquat (waiting on honeyquat). Then sealing with coconut oil mixed with a lil castor oil.

I like liquid spritz since they seem lighter and I choose mostly coconut oil since it's s'pose to be able to penetrate the strand and as long as you don't use too much it feels light as well.

I have thin hair and I can say that I use a lot of the products mentioned here. I used to be mad because I couldn't get the salon look at home but I have found that with roller setting it helps to get that bouncy and fluffy look.

Back