Fine, Flyaway, Natural Hair

Aviah

I broke. And Flat Ironed my hair. Its grown and its great. But its still poofy and doesn't lie flat properly. If I add more product, its get weighed down and doesn't "swang". Higher heat will probably damage it. What do I dooooo?

When you go to bed try wrapping or cross wrapping it with teeny weeny amount of oil or serum, then lay it down with a scarf.

I have this problem as well, and I havn't properly conteracted it. One thing I have noticed that after Deep Conditioning my hair lies down a bit better. I was then told that the more moisturised my hair was the better it could lie down.
Since I have kept my braids in for basically over a year since my BC I havn't had time to test this theory, but maybe it would work for you?

this happens to me and i do a silk wrap. I wrap with saran wrap and sit under the dryer for 30 min. I then wrap my hair with a silk/satin scarf for a couple hours and it's smooth and sleek after that. Try it, it works

I broke. And Flat Ironed my hair. Its grown and its great. But its still poofy and doesn't lie flat properly. If I add more product, its get weighed down and doesn't "swang". Higher heat will probably damage it. What do I dooooo?

it's probably just your technique. it takes skills to do a silky straighten on natural hair without damaging it.

My hair is fine and it does get straight but I don't know if it will ever have the weight necessary to make it swing. My hair can even stand at attention when silky straight. Beat that! :giggle:

See?
HairthatDefiesGravityLOL-vi.jpg

Sing with me! :giggle:

Back