Finally tried the Aphogee

kandi1280

Thanks ladies!!!! I finally bit the bullet and tried the Aphogee Treatment and it helped my shedding IMMEDIATELY! I thought it was going to be too strong, but it worked just right.

I was a little embarrased putting in on my head because by BF came into the bathroom to hang up his towel during the application. As he was walking it out he looked at me like :perplexed and busted out "Did you just fart??"

But besides that, it did what it was supposed to do. I used the porosity control with my Deep condition and it really did help my shedding. I know there are a few of you out there that are scared about this hard protein - I was, but it really does what it promises.

Lately I was bummed because no matter how careful I was, my hair would just keep falling out, even if I finger combed it. Well this morning after coming and brushing I had 7 yes 7, hair on the floor. I've been happy all day long. :yay:

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Glad that you like it. I try to use it every 6 weeks or so. I'm not sure why some are scared to use it. If it is used exactly the way the instructions say, then you should get good results.

Nelli I love your hair!!! You have the ends I 've been dreaming of. I'm fighting to get them that long and thick. How long have you been using the Aphogee?

nelli711 said:
Glad that you like it. I try to use it every 6 weeks or so. I'm not sure why some are scared to use it. If it is used exactly the way the instructions say, then you should get good results.

I just relaxed and I want to use it in a week but I'm one of the scared ones.
I guess I'm just scared that it's going to be too much protein and all of my hair fall out etc..

Seeing that it worked for the OP (and so many others) I'm really tempted to use it.

kandi1280 said:
Thanks ladies!!!! I finally bit the bullet and tried the Aphogee Treatment and it helped my shedding IMMEDIATELY! I thought it was going to be too strong, but it worked just right.

I was a little embarrased putting in on my head because by BF came into the bathroom to hang up his towel during the application. As he was walking it out he looked at me like :perplexed and busted out "Did you just fart??"

But besides that, it did what it was supposed to do. I used the porosity control with my Deep condition and it really did help my shedding. I know there are a few of you out there that are scared about this hard protein - I was, but it really does what it promises.

Lately I was bummed because no matter how careful I was, my hair would just keep falling out, even if I finger combed it. Well this morning after coming and brushing I had 7 yes 7, hair on the floor. I've been happy all day long. :yay:

Just my two cents.

Glad to hear of any stopping of the breakage :) , doesnt if feel so good ?

Just make sure to moist often. What did you use ? did it soften your hair afterwards ?

This is so encouraging! My hair has been shedding like crazy, almost to the point where it is scaring me. I had a child 10 months ago and I never experienced the shedding that I have been told happens after you have a child. so I was wondering if that had something to do with it? Anyway, I am excited to try the Aphogee now. I was the same way...a little scurrrred, but i'm using this stuff this weekend!

I just love that Aphogee, man. :D

I try to use it consistently, every 6-8 weeks, regardless of amount of breakage/shedding. Its really good for strengthening my fine/thin tresses!

kandi1280 said:
Nelli I love your hair!!! You have the ends I 've been dreaming of. I'm fighting to get them that long and thick. How long have you been using the Aphogee?

Thanks! I've been using Aphogee for a couple years now. I still have my same big bottle from when I first bought it. I try to use it every 6 weeks but sometimes, I don't even use it that often.

AlexB7 said:
I guess I'm just scared that it's going to be too much protein and all of my hair fall out etc..

Seeing that it worked for the OP (and so many others) I'm really tempted to use it.

Girl, don't be scared:) . Like I said, follow the directions to a "T" and you will be fine. Just remember to follow with a good moisturizing deep conditioner.

If your hair is not too big on proteins, you can always use the lighter one like the 2 min reconstructor. I have that as well and that is pretty good.

nelli711 said:
Girl, don't be scared:) . Like I said, follow the directions to a "T" and you will be fine. Just remember to follow with a good moisturizing deep conditioner.

If your hair is not too big on proteins, you can always use the lighter one like the 2 min reconstructor. I have that as well and that is pretty good.

Hmmm....

I have a little pack of the 2 minute one. And this weekend I took the "big" one from my house...hope my mom doesn't miss it.

I think it's sort of old so I don't know if I should use it or buy a new bottle. I'll wait until this week is over and see if my hair is shedding/breaking.

What to do...what to do...:confused:

KiniKakes said:
I just love that Aphogee, man. :D

I try to use it consistently, every 6-8 weeks, regardless of amount of breakage/shedding. Its really good for strengthening my fine/thin tresses!

Definitely, what she said!!!!;)

I've been using it off and on for many years. I'm back on, and plan to stay that way. I really like the strenght that it gives my hair. :)

AlexB7 said:
Hmmm....

I have a little pack of the 2 minute one. And this weekend I took the "big" one from my house...hope my mom doesn't miss it.

I think it's sort of old so I don't know if I should use it or buy a new bottle. I'll wait until this week is over and see if my hair is shedding/breaking.

What to do...what to do...:confused:

How long have you had it for? I've had my bottle for a couple years now and it is still as effective as the day I bought it.

I know it has preservatives in it to make it last a long time, but it is also a hard protein and it is nothing to mess around with. If you don't feel comfortable using it, I would buy a new one.

I think I'm gonna start using this again to save $$...The price of nexxus emergencee is getting crazy!! I am able to get the small bottle for $15.99...but I saw it for $22 somewhere else:eek:

kandi1280 said:

Just my two cents.

I was the same way...I was scared to use it for a long time.. but when I finally used it...I had conquered my fears:lol: ... and yes the stuff does smell horrible.. it smells like the red sea with the plague of blood! sorry I just had to say it. I wish they would add fragrance to it.. or more fragrance but I guess what can you expect when it's animal protein?:(

But I love the way it helps my hair.. so that is why I will continue to use it as well!

boopiek said:
This is so encouraging! My hair has been shedding like crazy, almost to the point where it is scaring me. I had a child 10 months ago and I never experienced the shedding that I have been told happens after you have a child. so I was wondering if that had something to do with it? Anyway, I am excited to try the Aphogee now. I was the same way...a little scurrrred, but i'm using this stuff this weekend!

OT: I like your avatar.. that is actually a picture of me last night doing a rollerset :lol:

What is the exact name of the product ladies coz i want to write it down for my trip to the hair store. I need to do something drastic coz my shedding is serious :sad:.

AlexB7 said:

That won't happen Alex! The absolute worse thing that could happen is your hair could end up a bit dry and brittle, in which case you would deep condition a couple of times a week until your hair got moisturized and soft again. If you use a moisturizing conditioner with heat afterwards, then let it sit for an hour or two, your hair will be fine. Your ends will definitely thank you if you make Aphogee a part of your routine.

growthbyforce said:
What is the exact name of the product ladies coz i want to write it down for my trip to the hair store. I need to do something drastic coz my shedding is serious :sad:.

Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair. It comes in 3 different sizes, small packets, a small bottle, and a large bottle. The product is runny, brownish-yellow, and smells weird. The small bottle will last you 2-3 treatments and it should be about $5. It also comes in a 3 pack with the a shampoo and balancing moisturizer.

Question ladies: Do you always use the moisturizing condioner that comes with it Aphogee? What's another really good moisturizing conditioner that can be used after using Aphogee?

Islandgurrl said:
Question ladies: Do you always use the moisturizing condioner that comes with it Aphogee? What's another really good moisturizing conditioner that can be used after using Aphogee?

Most people don't use the balancing moisturizer alone and I think the consensus is it isn't really that good. I use Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Mask. Nexxus Humectress, Keracare Humecto, Motions Moisture Plus, are all popular on this board too. I think there is a "favorite moisturizing conditioner" thread, check that one out you can get some good ideas.

Thank you CAPlush, will def be trying it our tmrw......thank God I haven't bought the mizani night time treatment. This will be a great cheaper alternative.

sherylin123 said:
DO ANY OF YOU USE HEAT WITH THE APHOGEE??

You have to use heat with the treatment, that is what causes the protein to penetrate. If you do not have a hood dryer, you can use a blow dryer but you have to be VERY carefuly not to move or manipulate the hair while it is drying.

CAPlush said:
You have to use heat with the treatment, that is what causes the protein to penetrate. If you do not have a hood dryer, you can use a blow dryer but you have to be VERY carefuly not to move or manipulate the hair while it is drying.
Thanks for the info..this is exactly what I thought..but I just bought the small package yesterday and I would swear it says leave on for 5 minutes and doesn't mention heat..and I was thinking at least 20 minutes under my hairdryer

I usually leave mine's on for 15-20 mins. Are you sure you bought the protein treatment? I know Aphogee has some other things in packets that look similar.

I know some people use it every couple of weeks or so, but has anyone every used it a couple of times a month when their shedding was really bad?

Islandgurrl said:

I have never used any other Aphogee products except for the treatment for damaged hair. As far as a moist. conditioner... I use a moist deep conditioner(UBH)... right after the aphogee hardens and is rinsed out. Then once I rinse that out if my hair still feels drying... I will follow with herbal essences (hello hydration or totally twisted) rinse out conditioner.
Then I will follow with a roller set style or do a braid/twist out style.

Back