Finally took my braids out!!! PIC

Ash25

After 3 months!!! lol, I finally took my braids out. My hair grew 1.5 inches! Whoo!

Im put some more in and leave them in for a while...ill try not to hit the 3 month mark again, but its SOOO nice not having to do anything to your hair!

DSCN1906-1.jpg

Dont look at all the dirt and dead skins...lol

...congrats on your growth i just put some in a week ago and plan to keep them in for 3 months...only way for me to get retention because i have serious hand in hair syndrome lol

Awesome retention OP. Isn't it fun not to have to mess with your hair and know it's still "safe"? Welcome to the world of braid fanatics. :giggle:

Congrats on your progress.

Congrats! I miss wearing braids but I am so scared of what it can do to my edges. :sad:

Me too, my scalp can't cope with it, which means relaxing within any less than a month after I take them out is out of the question. Plus when I wore braids at uni my relaxed ends would break off, even though the roots would grow in nicely, so braids has always been my start from scratch style. Right now I would love to wear braids to make it to full SL but I'm scared off my relaxed ends breaking off and the ends becoming light and needing a deep trim.

Nice growth though OP!

Congrats! I miss wearing braids but I am so scared of what it can do to my edges. :sad:

You can leave the hair at the front near your edges w/o extensions and just wear your own hair as bangs in twists or braids. Or you can flat twist or cornrow your the hair back (no extensions) letting the tails blend in with braids. That way you can redo the front as needed and keep that hair looking neat, even if you have to go to a stylist to redo the braids. You would therefore have control of how your edges are handled. But do also make sure to take notes with you from this forum on how to get braids w/o damage so that even the rest of your hair is braided with your hair's health in mind.

ETA: Pics that show what I mean about not having extension along your edges:
Mini-cornrows in the front w/o extension hair, extension singles right behind them:

niCornrowsnoextensionsMicrosvi-vi.jpg

MiniCornrowsIIMicros-vi.jpg

MinicornrowsIIIMicro-vi.jpg

Twist bangs w/o extension hair, extension single braids in the back:
Picture26-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on your growth OP! I got braid extensions last Saturday and plan on keeping them in for 3 months as well. So far, my transition is going great.

You can leave the hair at the front near your edges w/o extensions and just wear your own hair as bangs in twists or braids. Or you can flat twist or cornrow your the hair back (no extensions) letting the tails blend in with braids. That way you can redo the front as needed and keep that hair looking neat, even if you have to go to a stylist to redo the braids. You would therefore have control of how your edges are handled. But do also make sure to take notes with you from this forum on how to get braids w/o damage so that even the rest of your hair is braided with your hair's health in mind.

ETA: Pics that show what I mean about not having extension along your edges:
Mini-cornrows in the front w/o extension hair, extension singles right behind them:

niCornrowsnoextensionsMicrosvi-vi.jpg

MiniCornrowsIIMicros-vi.jpg

MinicornrowsIIIMicro-vi.jpg

Twist bangs w/o extension hair, extension single braids in the back:
Picture26-vi.jpg

Oh wow, that was very helpful. Thanks!

Thank you everyone!!

I have that "do nothing to it" hair and it grows like a weed. During the 3 months i didnt wash it, oil it, nothing it! Very little hair came out...which i was happy to see since i did have 3 months worth of sheading to deal wit...but my hair didnt shead that much!

I did my braids extra big...like janet in poetic justice...and my edges were fine. I find that the smaller braids (fake hair) put more stress on your hair and scalp. I plan to put more "big dookie braids" in on mon!!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone!!

I have that "do nothing to it" hair and it grows like a weed. During the 3 months i didnt wash it, oil it, nothing it! Very little hair came out...which i was happy to see since i did have 3 months worth of sheading to deal wit...but my hair didnt shead that much!

I did my braids extra big...like janet in poetic justice...and my edges were fine. I find that the smaller braids (fake hair) put more stress on your hair and scalp. I plan to put more "big dookie braids" in on mon!!

Wow! I'm excited to see someone else with my regimen of doing very little. I too don't oil, spray or moisturize my braid. But I do shampoo twice a week coz I just love it, and I get a headache if I don't. I do my own braids so can afford to do this since I can redo any that come out.

Back