Finally the (near) perfect match - Kinky straight and my natural 4b hair -PIC heavy!

Endlesslegs

Soo glad!:grin: My kinky straight (cuticle remy) extensions from hairesthetics.com took me a while to tweak, but they match my natural 4b hair perfectly now :)

Today my hair looks like this :) but it wasnt always like that...

IMG_1401.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the actual kinky straight batch when received (thought I did :ohwell: , However, when I first installed the hair it looked like this ---> :lachen:

IMG_1165.jpg

YouTube - Hair style Update - Kinky straight weave (Twist out)

I didnt use ANY heat, just a twist-out (didnt like it). :ohwell:The hair is kinky, but somehow it still felt silky, my hair is a true 4b so not using heat was not an option. I decided I would use heat once a week on my leave out and use a protein deep conditioner to fortify it as needed. So I straightened my leavout and here was the result! Good match huh? :yep:

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

It gets better :)
I dont really like my hair straight, im a curly girl so I got some flexirods/bendy rollers and curled my hair for about four hours... result! :drunk:

IMG_1183.jpg

YouTube - Weave versatility - Luscious waves with Kinky straight hair! Natural 4b leaveout

It was bouncy and flowy but the curls dropped after a couple of hours! (:ohwell:I didnt use holding spray. Next time, I used holding spray and it looked much better

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

Over the week, the curls lasted but then I got bored and did a braid out :)

IMG_1341.jpg

and then I went to the salon for the first time in 2 years! and got some curls put in (My cousin was paying and I was feeling lazy, it looked good in the end but the experience is a story for another thread lol)

Pics at the end of the video YouTube - How to get beautiful curls/waves with flexirods- Natural 4b hair and extensions

Without heat (straight after a wash) this is what the hair looks like when contrasted with my leavout

IMG_1244.jpg
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

So in short guys, Im really pleased with this hair, initially I thought I was going to have to bin the hair because it didnt match to my taste but all it took was a little tweaking - yes I have to use heat once a week but I dont touch up! Because I use flexirods, my hair stays straight :) I can go much longer without heat, All i do is put my hair in a bun and bam! I met IDRIS ELBA!!!! That's my money shot (one of the highlight of my 2011 so far lol)

IMG_1131.jpg

Thought Id share because I know some naturals and some relaxed folks, especially in the 4s struggle to find hair for decent looking protective styles! :)

One of the videos above shows how I achieve the curls! Hope you like :)

Re: Finally the (near) perfect match - Kinky straight and my natural 4b hair -PIC hea

Cute weave, but you know that last pic just about made every other pic in this post obsolete right? :lick::lick::look:

Re: Finally the (near) perfect match - Kinky straight and my natural 4b hair -PIC hea

I know this should be about hair, but how does one meet Mr Elba?

Love the hair, esp the picture with the drink! I've been using Indian jerry curl for my half wigs, but I've been wanting to get some kinky straight hair. And that's so cool you got to meet Stringer Bell lol!

IMG_1131.jpg

Thought Id share because I know some naturals and some relaxed folks, especially in the 4s struggle to find hair for decent looking protective styles! :)

One of the videos above shows how I achieve the curls! Hope you like :)

So yeah, your hair is really nice and all....but Idris:

etcwll.gif

also what color, length, and how many packs did you gte?

Hahahaha ladies! I knew I'd get ya'll with the idris shot! I live in London, and I was feeling sorry for myself that I had to go to my law school library to study on a SUNDAY.

So anyway as I was walking towards the train station I noticed this fine piece of chocolate, broad shoulders, incredibly tall, swagger on a hundred trillion, stood in front of me! I didnt know it was Idris until he turned around, and smiled at me! *swoooooon* Turns out he was filming a TV show right outside my law school. He was absolutely Lovely and HOT! See how tall he is? Im 5'10, dude has to be at least 6'3!

Was he filming for "Luther?" Please say that there will be another season! :grin:

Wow your hair looks FLAWLESS!

also what color, length, and how many packs did you gte?

Hey, I got the colour 1b in 20 inches and 18 inches. Not sure Im going to order again but if I do I wont get more than 18 inches! Im 5'10 and the 20 inches was way too long - booty length lol. I had to cut the hair! I hate cutting expensive hair but it had to be done.

Also, I got two packs so about 8 ounces I think. Ive got a big head and I like full hair so I installed about 7. I could easily have used 4 ounces though, 5 at most. :)

:grin::yay::clap:
YES! He was!! I LOVE LUTHER!
Thank you!

[May I say that you have a marvelous hand with the make-up? I'm super impressed that you were so well put-together... on a Sunday, ... to go study at the LIBRARY!

Just another great example that there is rarely a good time to slack off from personal upkeep. One never knows whom one may encounter. :lol:

I don't know who Idris is but he's fine as heaven:lachen: Oh, OP your blending looks terrific!

:grin::yay::clap: Thank you!

[May I say that you have a marvelous hand with the make-up? I'm super impressed that you were so well put-together... on a Sunday, ... to go study at the LIBRARY!

Just another great example that there is rarely a good time to slack off from personal upkeep. One never knows whom one may encounter. :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: lol thank you, Im very laid back with my approach to make-up, I keep it dead simple so I can knock it out in five minutes!

Girl Endlesslegs, you are so pretty. Oh by the way, the hair looks great too:grin:.

OMG u lucky duck you got to meet Idris! But damn daddy looking kinda old, lol. But hey nice hair and yes good match after your tweaks.

How is it put in?

Sent from my Eris using Long Hair Care Forum App

Sorry hun, didnt see this message earlier. Its a net weave, so its canerowed underneath and a net sewn on top. I just attached the weave to the net :)

very nice! i have the same installed in 14in. Everybody always asks about it or compliments what they think is my real hair:grin:
this texture is a dead ringer for type 4 hair relaxed or natural!

Sorry hun, didnt see this message earlier. Its a net weave, so its canerowed underneath and a net sewn on top. I just attached the weave to the net :)

is that the same as cornrow or french braids. I am interested but am not sure if I would be able to do this myself.

You hair looks lovely and natural.

It looks really good! I especially like the way you hair looks in the pic with the drink. It looks very similar to the way may hair is when I straighten it sometimes. I will have to look into this. Thanks OP.

It looks great.... and you are soooo beautiful!!!

is that the same as cornrow or french braids. I am interested but am not sure if I would be able to do this myself.

You hair looks lovely and natural.

Thank you! Its cornrows I guess, Basically the opposite of french plaits. Kinda like this lol

cornrows-hairstyle.jpg

There are a number of how to do your own weave tutorials on youtube- Ive been doing my own hair for a yeaarrrsss now but those vids might teach you a thing or two, or give you ideas at least.

You should definitely give it a go! x

Your hair is beautiful! That pic with Edris is too hawt:lick:. Y'all make a nice looking couple:grin:

you & the hair are pretty but omg idris...even with the greys in his beard = :drool::drool::drool: ...and the pic is like he's staring right at me lol

Back