Finally, the Big C

Misseyl

Came home from work today and just didn't like the way my hair looked in the front. For anyone who has been following my hair journey, I chopped off the back in April and left the front with the two textures but it rained today and I just did not like the way my hair looked so I went into the bathroom and did the next best thing, I chopped off the relaxed section in the front. Now I'm natural all over. Finally my Natural hair journey begins.

Attachments

• 20140516_201400[1].jpg
    20140516_201400[1].jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 20140516_201353[1].jpg
    20140516_201353[1].jpg
    174 KB · Views: 222
  • 20140516_201221[1].jpg
    20140516_201221[1].jpg
    155 KB · Views: 217
  • 20140516_200900[1].jpg
    20140516_200900[1].jpg
    162 KB · Views: 201
  • 20140516_182322[1].jpg
    20140516_182322[1].jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 243
Congrats, I did my BC the same way...first the back and then when I couldn't take it anymore I did the front. You look great! Enjoy your twa, you won't be there long.

Currently I am having issues with hard hair. It feels like cotton some of the time but if feels hard, especially if I spritz it with water. I guess because I'm not used to my texture, I don't know what conditioned/moisturized natural hair feels like. Anyone have any ideas on what a well conditioned/moisturized hair suppose to feel like? Right now I am going to say if I am not experiencing breakage then it's moisturized. As long as I don't find a lot of hair on the floor, tub and in my comb then my hair is safe.

Last edited:
Currently I am having issues with hard hair. It feels like cotton some of the time but if feels hard, especially if I spritz it with water. I guess because I'm not used to my texture, I don't know what conditioned/moisturized natural hair feels like. Anyone have any ideas on what a well conditioned/moisturized hair suppose to feel like? Right now I am going to say if I am not experiencing breakage then it's moisturized. As long as I don't find a lot of hair on the floor, tub and in my comb then my hair is safe.

You may want to add a bit of oil to your water spritz. My hair doesn't like plain water but a few drops of oil in my water bottle gives me soft and moisturized hair.

You may want to add a bit of oil to your water spritz. My hair doesn't like plain water but a few drops of oil in my water bottle gives me soft and moisturized hair.

Yes, Cosign to this. Water and olive oil in a spray bottle to refresh did wonders for my hair. Make sure even if it's not olive oil, if you mist your hair with a liquid, be sure to seal it in the moisture of that water. If not, if will evaporate and your hair will feel dry again. Seal with an oil or butter to create a barrier for that moisture so it won't escape. And congrats!

It's one of those things that can't be described... you'll just know what your hair will feel like when it's healthy and moisturized.

I also prefer adding something to my water. Since my hair isn't a huge fan of oils, I add Giovanni Direct Leave In to my water.

Back