Finally posted my flat ironing technique

Great job! How often do you flat iron and deep condition your hair? Does your hair seem to get straighter with the brush chase method rather than the comb chase method? Looks like the brush puts enough tension on the hair to get it flat and smooth with the iron. I like the way you use your serum heat protector. Is it only available on-line? Your hair has shown amazing growth, and looks healthy and shiny. Thanks for sharing your progress with us.:grin:

Thank you so much. I deep condition and flatiron my hair once a week usually. I think that my hair gets straight with both methods but I get more shine with the brush because it is smoothing my cuticles. My hair looks and feels healthier with brush. I have only seen the serum online and it last forever. I swear that I've the same bottle for over a year.But, I think any serum will work. I did the same process for my mother with a motions serum and the results were the same.

Thanks for showing us!
Do you find that you get better results using this Denman brush vs. using a comb to chase?
The last time I flat ironed, it worked out well with the comb but if it's even bettter with the brush....well, I got my credit card ready!

Also, while I want to flat iron from airdried hair I might want to rock just a blowout with no press. I've heard no so great things about using the comb handheld blowdryers, what's your opinion on those?
It would be much easier for me to blowdry with it attached....

Lastly, do you prefer sprays or serums to protect from heat? Do you get better presses from one?

Tks!

Both the comb and the brush work well but I find that my hair looks and feels better with the brush. I also don't get as many fly aways with the brush. I really like the brush and it is only $15 or around that. I think it is worth having.

I have 2 blow driers. I have the one in that video and an FHI without a comb attachment. I like them both for different reasons. It I want a smoother blowdry I will use the FHI with the deman brush in the video. The FHI gets hotter and gets the hair straighter. It's a better blowdrier by far but it doesn't have the comb and it is kinda big. If I want a faster blowdry I will use the one in the video with the comb attachment. I use it on medium and I don't have a problem with it. I like it and it's easier to handle.

I use serums. I never tried a spray. My hair is very thick so it needs something with a little weight to it. If I had fine or thin hair I would use a spray.

I love it! how many sections do you use and do you put a large drop of serum on each section. I'm heavy handed and that 'drop' doesnt seem enough (even though I know it prob is), lol!

My sections are the size of the one in the video. I probably do no more than 10. A large drop is more than enough. My serum is very thick so a little goes along way. If you apply too much your final result will look greasy.

Your hair is stunning! I must admit, I'm a bit excited, because I happened to have bought that same brush this week; I was going to test it out tonight to see whether I liked it for blowdrying or flat ironing, since several reviews I've seen for the brush say that it's AMAZING for flat ironing!

Thank you so much for sharing and taking the time out to make that video

You'll love the brush for both. Just make sure you don't put the drier on high or it will melt the brush.:nono:

where can you buy this brush?

I bought it in the beauty supply store but you can probably find it on amazon.com or the deman website.

love the video:):):) your hair came out a-maz-ing & the overall video was very sweet, informative, & charming. i saw you checkin' your swang at the end, lol, i do that too, lol ... that had me crackin' up .. thanks for showing that brush. i need that in my life -- now:)

LOL I am glad you liked the video and the swang check. I actually did it for a lot longer but I have to edit it out. :grin:

Thanks Brittany! Your hair came out fab!
Do you use any leave in before air/blow drying?

Thank you. i only apply the serum. I apply my leave in as a moisturizer when I am finished as shown here--->YouTube - Moisturizing Straight Hair with No Reversion

Great video! I am such a fan of your hair and videos and your techniques. Alas I am not the only one here that uses heat regularly. Quick question, how often do you trim your hair? And do you self trim or do you have a stylist do it.

I really like the brush for flat ironing-- it really added tension and separated/smoothed my strands as I glided the iron alongside it.

I will try it next week with a blow dryer, but so far, I'm glad I found a great use for it in case I dont like it with a blowdryer (I already have several boar bristle round brushes that I'm starting to adore!)

Great video! I am such a fan of your hair and videos and your techniques. Alas I am not the only one here that uses heat regularly. Quick question, how often do you trim your hair? And do you self trim or do you have a stylist do it.

I have self trimmed but the last time I trimmed I was at the salon. I don't have a schedule. I do it as needed. When I went to the salon to have it done in September she hardly cut anything because she said I didn't need it.

Brittanynic, your hair always looks great. Thanks for your videos. You're very knowledgeable and you never come off as a know it all!!!
Is this technique similar to using the maxiglide? Not sure if you've ever used one. I ask because the maxiglide is a flatiron/brush combo.

Brittanynic, your hair always looks great. Thanks for your videos. You're very knowledgeable and you never come off as a know it all!!!
Is this technique similar to using the maxiglide? Not sure if you've ever used one. I ask because the maxiglide is a flatiron/brush combo.

I think the Maxiglide would be more comparable to the comb chase method than the brush. There are more bristles in the brush so I think it does a better job smoothing the hair. Also the brush is great for blow drying too.

Back