Finally got my Maxiglide MP today!!!

Iluvsmuhgrass

I started a thread last week about the Maxiglide Does Anyone Still love their Maxiglide? in order to get a little bit more info. I just got my Maxiglide MP today and I have to say.....

:grin:I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

You guys, I went to HSN and ordered the Maxiglide MP (with the miniglide and the products) and OMG I am LOVING IT. (Sorry no camera for pics) I am two months post and when I say that I love the products...... (I will NEVAH doubt Cuteness again... she told me that The End and Beyond Straight were da bidness! THEY REALLY ARE!) Thank you soooo much to all the ladies that contributed. Luv y'all!!!

I used the products and the plate with pins and I am so in love. :love: I remember reading that some users had issues with the plate but I realized that some people (not all) have to be holding it waaaaaay tight. When I let it glide through, it was fantabulous. :yep: I kept wanting to squeeze a little (regular flat iron syndrome) and had to mentally keep my hand almost open but man oh man it's awesome. :lick: The teeth are on one side and there are holes for the steam on the other. Being that the teeth can fit into the holes you shouldn't clamp it down on your hair. :nono: Instead leave a small space. I combed through then Maxiglided. I used minimal product (3 shampoos - dime to quarter sized dallop, towel dried, applied conditioner - Palm full and let it stay on an extra four minutes, rinsed and towel dried, then applied the two styling products.) My hair came out light and airy, and moisturized with swing. :grin:

The SO ran his hands all through my hair then he oiled muh scalp for me. He told me that it felt better than when I had a fresh relaxer at the salon. :yep: Then he kept playing in it. :blush: This flat iron is a KEEPER. I can now see stretching longer and possibly transitioning (I don't braid and my twists kinda suck.) Sooooooooooooooo.... :yep: The maxiglide laid down two months of new growth. I haven't even toughed the miniglide yet.

What are you waiting on?????

:lol: Go'on en gitchoo sommah deez goot done debbiez! :lol:

Relaxed with about 1.5-2 inches NG. I'm a 4a/b and I've been using Mizani BB so my hair is not bone straight at all. Girl the NG ain't playin! I figured I had nothing to lose because I got a good deal (the products go for 15- 25 bucks a pop) and I could always return it if I don't like it.

The crown of my hair is very coarse in comparison to the rest of my hair. This laid it D-O-W-N.

Oh wow....that sounds awesome did you have to detangle alot? Did you blowdry first? What was your straightening technique?

What day did u order yours? That was fast wasn't it? I have to start looking for mine, but I won't flat iron until Thanksgiving or Christmas depending on when I take my twist all out.

OMG, if you order yours on the 28th- I ordered mine on the 29th, it should be here like tomorrow!!!!

I started a thread last week about the Maxiglide Does Anyone Still love their Maxiglide? in order to get a little bit more info. I just got my Maxiglide MP today and I have to say.....

:grin:I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

You guys, I went to HSN and ordered the Maxiglide MP (with the miniglide and the products) and OMG I am LOVING IT. (Sorry no camera for pics) I am two months post and when I say that I love the products...... (I will NEVAH doubt Cuteness again... she told me that The End and Beyond Straight were da bidness! THEY REALLY ARE!) Thank you soooo much to all the ladies that contributed. Luv y'all!!!

I used the products and the plate with pins and I am so in love. :love: I remember reading that some users had issues with the plate but I realized that some people (not all) have to be holding it waaaaaay tight. When I let it glide through, it was fantabulous. :yep: I kept wanting to squeeze a little (regular flat iron syndrome) and had to mentally keep my hand almost open but man oh man it's awesome. :lick: The teeth are on one side and there are holes for the steam on the other. Being that the teeth can fit into the holes you shouldn't clamp it down on your hair. :nono: Instead leave a small space. I combed through then Maxiglided. I used minimal product (3 shampoos - dime to quarter sized dallop, towel dried, applied conditioner - Palm full and let it stay on an extra four minutes, rinsed and towel dried, then applied the two styling products.) My hair came out light and airy, and moisturized with swing. :grin:

The SO ran his hands all through my hair then he oiled muh scalp for me. He told me that it felt better than when I had a fresh relaxer at the salon. :yep: Then he kept playing in it. :blush: This flat iron is a KEEPER. I can now see stretching longer and possibly transitioning (I don't braid and my twists kinda suck.) Sooooooooooooooo.... :yep: The maxiglide laid down two months of new growth. I haven't even toughed the miniglide yet.

What are you waiting on?????

:lol: Go'on en gitchoo sommah deez goot done debbiez! :lol:
Omg i want a MG !!! Im oing to tell my SO to buy me one for Xmas, plz keep us posted on how it works for ya.

I couldn't help myself...after reading about all the hype on the MG I went to HSN and bought myself one too! I can't WAIT til it gets here! Thanks for the post!

Oh wow....that sounds awesome did you have to detangle alot? Did you blowdry first? What was your straightening technique?
I do the Wanakee method (divide hair into 8 sections, put each into a clip without detangling, then detangle and blowdry each section separately)

What day did u order yours? That was fast wasn't it?
YES IT WAS!!! I just ordered like the 28th. They said it would be by the 9th... but I got it today! I love it so far. I'm still swingin it lol. The oil took some of the swang out of it but not much.

I do the Wanakee method (divide hair into 8 sections, put each into a clip without detangling, then detangle and blowdry each section separately)

YES IT WAS!!! I just ordered like the 28th. They said it would be by the 9th... but I got it today! I love it so far. I'm still swingin it lol. The oil took some of the swang out of it but not much.

I thought mine would get here on the 9th also, so glad u posted this so I can be on the look out tomorrow!!! So fast, I'm about to peruse their site for more fast deals for Christmas Shopping for myself. I think I'll wrap mine up tomorrow and stow it away to put off the temptation of flat-ironing before Dec.

But I have to test it out!!!!! My niece's hair is cornrowed, would I be wrong if I tested my flat-iron out on my son's hair?:blush:

lol uh... owno. As long as he doesn't mind I guess it's ok. :lol:

Didja get it yet??? :grin:

Remember not to close it all the way. It's just supposed to glide through. They said 1.5 inch pieces but I did mine a little smaller and it came out uber straight. I used it on five. :yep:

Got it yesterday and tested it out on his hair. I want to use the entire product line. My son's hair is in braids so I took two out and tried out the steam.

I have the Chi, sooooo.... it's hard to love another. But...I am still excited because I got a spectacular price on 2 flat irons, 4 hair styling products and 2 travel pockets!!!

Plus his hair wasn't the cleanest being in braids.... Have to give a full review when I do my own hair.

I still love my maxiglide. I really need an upgrade since I've had mine for about 5 years. It still works good but I think they may have better ones out now.

I still love mine too! I've finally begun to use the smooth plate and it works just as well as the plate with the teeth:yep:

You guys are addictive! I had one when they first came out actually I've had two. The 1st one, we wore it out, the 2nd leaked all the time and I never purchase another, but I loved it...I just took the dive again today. I'm gonna have to hide it from my oldest DD

Back