Finally got a simplified regimen..Im a natural BTW

Neen

Well here goes:
Rinse daily with water, apply generic humectress and biolage glaze for definition.
Shampoo and deep condition 1-2 times per week.
Protein condition once per month (not sure if I need it more than that since I have no chemicals on my hair).

Anyone else have a similar regimen? I tried using oils but they don't seem to do much for my hair
nono.gif
, even when wet. Anyone see how my regimen could be potentially harmful? I am new to the natural game, so any advice is welcome.

I do not see any thing wrong with your regimen I think the simpler you keep it the better.
and that hair glaze is really good
scratchchin.gif

That sounds good....what kind of products are those that you mentioned? Are they moisturizers? I am still struggling to find a leave in that I'm crazy about...the oils work when my hair is in braids, but when it's out I find they aren't doing much for me either. Right now I'm using Profectiv breakfree, and it's alright, it does the job but it still feels a little greasy. Btw I'm a natural too.

How long is your hair? Your regimen sounds good, but shampooing more than once a week may cause dryness, especially with you rinsing daily. Have you tried the no-poo method?

My regimen is kind of similar I con-wash everyday with either Suave Coconut, Suave Humectant, Keracare Humecto, or At One With Nature. I then apply a product on my damp hair...so far I like using Profective Root Health, Elasta QP Mango Butter, and Wildgrowth Oil the best, but I've tried Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, Oyin Whipped Pudding, Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade, and Carol's Daughter Hair Milk . I then run my hands over my hair and let my hair airdry and do it's own thing.

I agree w/ Ipanema I'd wash with shampoo only once a month and no-poo for the rest of the month. IMO oils just sit on my hair now, I dunno why?

I don't know how often I should use a protein conditioner since I have no chemicals in my hair right now.
smile.gif

Sounds good. Re the protein, all hair needs that (including naturals), especially if you are pressing or planning to apply heat otherwise to your hair.

Back