Finally did it: hair album

Jaelin

I've created an album http://public.fotki.com/jaelin/ password is in my signature.

One thing not mentioned in the album is that I used AFRICAN WONDERS® NATURALAXER to texturize my hair. I used to be a regular user back in 2002 but after a few months I noticed lots of split ends and someone here mentioned that it can dry hair out so I stopped regular use. Did it once in 2003 and the same for this year. I don't need to use it often after biotin changed my hair
laugh.gif

Wow! You have made a lot of progress. I like your thick braids. Can you share how biotin benefited your hair?
grin.gif

I would like to know your daily regime. You've made alot of healthy progress in your natural state...please share.
up.gif

Yes, you have a lovely head of thick hair! The braids look thick and nice too! Do you ever do braidouts? I bet that looks nice as well. Keep up the good work!

Lovely album. You made some serious progress in a year. What was your regimen? Well whatever it was it worked. Keep up the good hair care!

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
I would like to know your daily regime. You've made alot of healthy progress in your natural state...please share.
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really have a daily regime.

I wash about every one or two weeks using either le kair or infusium brand shampoo & conditioner. I just did my first wash with nizoral for dandruff control (the product says to use twice a week during first 2-4 weeks so it will be more often for a few weeks) and I also use a clarifying shampoo or seabreeze every few weeks to clear any buildup.

I use biosilk, carrot oil and or cholesterol tea tree oil creme if I have any, then air dry. I try to spray the infusium leave in and put on temple balm everyday but I don't always remember, sometimes I also just use plain water to add moisture to my hair. I always sleep in a satin cap or headtie.

I usually twist or braid when the hair is still slightly damp. When doing twists I either do them with no added products, beeswax or gel. I also like cornrows when I can get someone to deal with my thick head.

I infrequently flatiron with nature's therapy heat control. I don't really like my results usually ends up in braids and it does not last. Searching for a pressing creme.

In terms of biotin changing my hair, ever since using it my roots have been softer and easier to comb and the wave/curl pattern is looser. Hope that description helps.

ETA: I also try to take a multi-vitamin daily (notice with me I'm always trying to do something daily
lachen70.gif
) right now the bottle I have is Centrum Performance. When I took biotin regular it was a 600 mcg GNC brand

[ QUOTE ]
NaturalRox said:
Yes, you have a lovely head of thick hair! The braids look thick and nice too! Do you ever do braidouts? I bet that looks nice as well. Keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never done braidouts. I'm afraid of the hair getting too dry. I go to school in Texas and it's exposed to lots of heat. Plus my hair is the type that changes color (turns a reddish color) when exposed to the sun so I try to keep it covered, and my hat would not fit on my head if my hair was out.

I also haven't done afro puffs. My best friend, who is also natural, lives in them and is always after me to try them. And I'm always after her to join LHCF. Maybe one day we'll both get what we want.

[ QUOTE ]
Jaelin said:

I've never done braidouts. I'm afraid of the hair getting too dry. I go to school in Texas and it's exposed to lots of heat. Plus my hair is the type that changes color (turns a reddish color) when exposed to the sun so I try to keep it covered, and my hat would not fit on my head if my hair was out.

I also haven't done afro puffs. My best friend, who is also natural, lives in them and is always after me to try them. And I'm always after her to join LHCF. Maybe one day we'll both get what we want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your reasoning - sounds good to me! You're definitely taking the right precautions regarding heat and the sun.
cool.gif

Back