Finally cut off those thinning split ends!

nikolite

I just did it. A 3 inch chop, so now I am CBL (was an inch past APL). I've been trying to slowly trim off my ends for the longest but it just didn't seem to be working. Over time, I've still been seeing thin ends, and holding on to them wasn't looking cute.

Now I'm pissed I didn't have the guts to do that a year ago when I first joined LHCF. I know it will be easier to care for my hair without the splits and straggly ends tangling on each other. In my year on LHCF, I went from whispy CBL ends to whispy ends between APL and BSL. Now armed with a solid regimen, I should be able to grow it out to near BSL in no time, but with fuller, less tangled hair. I cut before my detangle and wash and detangling was a breeze!!! Why didn't I do this earlier?

Anyone else holding on to scraggly ends down for making the (mini)plunge themselves?

I'm really thinking about it. Not sure if I should after stretching it out or after washing. . . I also plan on getting it braided so if I hear from the braid lady I'll be doing it sooner rather than later!

Thanks for this post!!

^^^It does feel like new hair. SSK's are gone, much easier to comb through, and seemingly thicker. It felt that way when I first BC'ed and fell in love with the plushness and thickness of shorter hair. I'm hoping I can grow it out and keep that plush/thickness as much as possible.

I'll be in protective styles this summer, either cornrows or box braids under my faux puff or crochet kinky twists for a month at a time, so I don't think I'll miss the length too much for a while anyway.

I'm not as brave as you (3 inches WOW!) but I did s & d and cut about 1/2 inch today and I feel like I have a new head of hair. Congrats!

Im with you on this one nikolite. I've held on for so long and now I'm actually goin to the salon FOR SOME BADLY NEEDED TLC & to have 3 inchs trimed off. the sad part about it......the ends were right at BSL................................(sigh).............. I have to do it now, because if i dont , they (breakage & split ends) will just keep on creeping up the hair shaft. on the brighter side of it all...IV GOT MY NIOXIN...AND THE GROWTH WILL BE BACK IN NO TIME FLAT !!!

i'm just starting to see my first split ends (2 years after my bc and approaching mbl so not bad at all) and i'm hesitating cutting them off. I know its better to do it now than later though

I did the same thing in March, and it really is like getting an entirely new head of hair.
Plus, as your hair grows out, it'll look even better now than it did the first time around. :yep:

Im with you on this one nikolite. I've held on for so long and now I'm actually goin to the salon FOR SOME BADLY NEEDED TLC & to have 3 inchs trimed off. the sad part about it......the ends were right at BSL................................(sigh).............. I have to do it now, because if i dont , they (breakage & split ends) will just keep on creeping up the hair shaft. on the brighter side of it all...IV GOT MY NIOXIN...AND THE GROWTH WILL BE BACK IN NO TIME FLAT !!!

Exactly. No need in having just some of your ends reach BSL when you can have a full thick hair reaching it and it would be much prettier (haven't seen your hair but I assume).

I tried holding on and it didn't do any good whatsoever. I've had a really good regimen and my hair has grown more than I can remember in the past, but when the ends are see-through its all pointless!

i'm just starting to see my first split ends (2 years after my bc and approaching mbl so not bad at all) and i'm hesitating cutting them off. I know its better to do it now than later though

Its definitely better to just do it now (its harder when it gets longer too to let go of your ends). Future leiah will thank you profusely!

I did a big chop a few weeks ago (about 3 inches) and it is the best decision I have made for my hair by far. Before cutting off all the split ends my hair was so lifeless with no body...Now I have body and softness out of this world. Good choice!

Back