FINALLY CHEAT SET + FLAT IRON SUCCESS (MIZANI THERMASMOOTH) +++PICS

Mad Scientist

I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

BUT I didn't plan enough time for it: I did my cheat set and I had to get from under the dryer after only about 45 mins and it wasn't completely dry! Then I ran out of time while flat ironing so I had to section off the unpressed hair and use the pressed hair to make a bun around it so I could go to work. Anyway when I got home I finished it and it turned out okay. Not salon straight or anything, but pretty good for me! :)

ETA: Forgot to add what I did. I washed and conditioned with Mizani Thermasmooth. Then I used the smoothing guard to set my cheat set. And sprayed the anti-humidity spray on each individual section before i flat ironed it.

Last edited:
Did you use the whole Mizani Thermasmooth system?:look: I was debating on whether to try this...I'll be picking some up tomorrow @ Ulta.

Did you use the whole Mizani Thermasmooth system?:look: I was debating on whether to try this...I'll be picking some up tomorrow @ Ulta.

Yeah, I used the whole thing. Shampoo, conditioner and the guard smoothing serum, and the anti-humidity spray. It's really good! When I got it from Ulta, they were having a sale on Mizani products: Buy 2, get 2 free. So I got the two sprays for $49 and the shampoo and conditioner for free. I swear I'm going to go broke trying to get some straight hair.

What type of anti-humidity spray do you use?

I used the Mizani Thermasmooth anti-humidity spray. It's like Step 4 in the system. It wasnt THAT great. Like later on I was walking on campus and my roots kinda swelled up, but I think I just didn't use enough. idk.

Last edited:
Looks great! Thanks for sharing! Next time I do a rollerset, I'm gonna try this "cheat set" because I can't get my natural hair roots straight either with rollers.

Back