finally BLUNT (length check-ish, lol) *PIC-heavy*

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
remember when i got my layered bob back in March??
here's a link to that thread. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forum6/thread452522.html well, my hair is finally almost blunt, with the exception of my "bangs" in the front. i'm so geeked up.:grin:
here's a reminder of the bob:
hairstuff254-vi.jpg
lots of layers-loved it.
here's a back length shot of how short it was. this is on blowdried hair, which sucks because i now have pics on flatironed hair, but meh. oh well.
this was taken March 25th.
hairstuff310-vi.jpg

now here's a picture of yesterday, before i trimmed:
009-vi.jpg

i was excited at the length, but length means nothing to me unless i have nice ends to go along with it. So I went to Great clips and told her to make it blunt. she said she'd have to take off 1/2 inch all around. result:
043-vi.jpg

045-vi.jpg

030-vi.jpg

034-vi.jpg

035-vi.jpg

BTW-shout out to my roomie's flatiron, the Conair nano something!! it's crazy good. this is my texture without manipulation. old shot, but my texture is the same-i'm 4a/b.
Picture001-vi.jpg

Picture002-vi.jpg

well, that's enough for now. sorry for the picture overload.
i know i could probably have longer hair by now, but i've been trimming regularly. it doesn't matter how long it takes me to get to APL (my short term goal), but i wanna get there with nice healthy, blunt ends.
enjoy!
P.S: am i shoulder length? should i be kicked out of the shoulder length challenge now?:look:

It looks beautiful and full. Definitely looks healthy. I love your natural curls/coils too.

looks wonderful !!!

how often do u wear ur hair straight and out?
If you dont do that often and ur ends are healthy, then u rlly dont have to trim so often

looks wonderful !!!

how often do u wear ur hair straight and out?
If you dont do that often and ur ends are healthy, then u rlly dont have to trim so often

thank you!!
it all just depends. perhaps once a month i'll straighten, and then wear it out for a whole week. yea, i know i probably could do without all the trimming, but i'm become obsessed with healthy ends, lol-what's a girl to do?

Your hair is pretty and shiny.

OT: Is that your trash hanging from your dresser? Nice to see I'm not the only one who does that

Your hair looks great. So healthy and full.

Do you live in Chicago? Was the lady who trimmed your hair African American or was she white/Hispanic/Asian etc.

thank you!!
it all just depends. perhaps once a month i'll straighten, and then wear it out for a whole week. yea, i know i probably could do without all the trimming, but i'm become obsessed with healthy ends, lol-what's a girl to do?

yep I know its hard, I got a bit obsessed when i was relaxed.

but since Im natural now and I dont wear my hair straight it doesnt matter to me now LOL

Your hair is pretty and shiny.

OT: Is that your trash hanging from your dresser? Nice to see I'm not the only one who does that
thanks. lol, no. that's my roomie's bag of flexi-rods-she's just as hair obsessed.
but i do have a bag of trash somewhere in there. :look:

Your hair looks great. So healthy and full.

Do you live in Chicago? Was the lady who trimmed your hair African American or was she white/Hispanic/Asian etc.
thanks. i live in the Chicago area, but i'm away at school right now, so I got it trimmed down here, in Champaign. She was a white lady-really pleasant and quite the perfectionist.

I love it! Your hair looks beautiful, and your ends are perfection. Your hair doesn't even really look noticeably shorter, either. You have inspired me; I'm going to do a half-inch trim tomorrow.

Oh that came out sleek and shiny! Your hair is growing nicely, and that black looks great on you :yep:

OT: I love your lip color, what brand/shade is that?

So op, exactly how did you achieve the blunt look? Did you gradually trim the nape until it matched the crown or did you wait until your shortest layer was a desired length and then trimmed to match that layer.

I really want the all around blunt look but, I'm not sure if I will be able to achieve that and my length goals. My hair naturally grows in very dramatic layers, similar to this:
layered-short-blond-faceframe.jpg

Beautiful hair, rocky!!! You are definitely on top of your hair game - it looks so healthy and thick! :yep: continued success on your hhj! :)

thanks. i live in the Chicago area, but i'm away at school right now, so I got it trimmed down here, in Champaign. She was a white lady-really pleasant and quite the perfectionist.

Thanks for responding. I usually go to Supercuts but I always seek out the black girl because I'm afraid that the other ladies will be intimidated by AA hair. I really need to get over it because I've seen many cuts down by non-AA stylist and it always comes out great.

Wow, great flat iron results! Did you blow dry before? actually, can you post the whole process...

I'll have to check out great clips for my next cut. Yours looks great!

So op, exactly how did you achieve the blunt look? Did you gradually trim the nape until it matched the crown or did you wait until your shortest layer was a desired length and then trimmed to match that layer.

I really want the all around blunt look but, I'm not sure if I will be able to achieve that and my length goals. My hair naturally grows in very dramatic layers, similar to this:
I just kept trimming away at my "lead hairs," as they're now called, i guess, lol. wherever that longest layer was, i hacked away at it until all the other hair could catch up. so yea, i guess i kept trimming the nape to match the crown. i'm stumbling over my words here, but i hope you get my gist.

Thanks for responding. I usually go to Supercuts but I always seek out the black girl because I'm afraid that the other ladies will be intimidated by AA hair. I really need to get over it because I've seen many cuts down by non-AA stylist and it always comes out great.
definitely, I've gone to Supercuts as well, and it came out great!
I would definitely flatiron my own hair in advance though-i'm sure i would do a much better job than they would.
Wow, great flat iron results! Did you blow dry before? actually, can you post the whole process...

I'll have to check out great clips for my next cut. Yours looks great!
sure!! i pretty much use westndnbeauty's method. she's a member here, and she has a youtube video explaining the process. too lazy to link right now.
1. wash and condition with Silk Elements Moisturizing Poo and Condish.
2. gently towel dry hair. apply silk elements moisturizing cholesterol treatment to dry hair in small sections. sit under dryer for 1/2 hour.
3. rinse and detangle in four sections while in the shower.
4. apply dime size amount of fantasia ic heat protectant serum. pink bottle. just a drop.
4. blow dry section by section. i start with the comb attachment to get it mostly dry, then finish with the denman brush to get it fairly straight. high heat, high speed. i go hard when it comes to heat. my hair can take it. i think. :look:
5. apply a dime size amount more to each section. flatiron in thin pieces, chasing my flatiron with a fine tooth comb. this is essential for smooth ends. it only takes two passes, one to hit the roots well, and the other for the rest of the hair.
6. wrap overnight. or do two large pincurls, forming them in the direction i want my hair to bump.
that's it! HTH.

Back