FINALLY after a 3 year wait: An UPDATED Fotki!

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Hi all. Some of you know and some of you don't....but I recently took the plunge and got Sisterlocks. I just updated my fotki, so take a peek and give me some comments. If you have any tips or words of wisdom for me or anyone else with sisterlocks or considering sisterlocks, please fell free to chime in!!!

http://public.fotki.com/PittGirl06/

The password is "lhcf".

It was an extremely long and tedious process but now, I feel so free and I LOOOOOOOOVE THEM!!! :cheers:

They're cute!!
how long did it take?
It took a total of 9 days and a million hours to finish. My consultant is a trainee so she was moving really slowly. She is also a perfectionist, which is good....it drug out, but she got faster in the later days. Generally it taks about 30 hours for people with short hair and if only one person is working on it. I had long hair and she was new at it so that stretched the time out longer. Once she has done a few more clients, she'll get faster for sure.

Bone thugs? really?! They're still around?
Yes, girl! Even FLESH was out of jail! Bizzy wasn't there though because of drama with the Tour arrangements so that was lame....they were all high and only performed for an hour in front of a hot mess crowd, but it was fun, I was close, and I got to touch one of them so I was happy....lol

WOW..they came out so nice!

I had Sisterlocks for about 8 months ... my installation took 3 whole days! I decided to take them down b/c the maintenance became too time consuming for me .. my SLs were actually smaller than yours :nono: (check out my album for pics) ... your SLs seems to be a nice size :yep:

They look so beautiful sis ENJOY!!!!

Yeah they are small, but not too small, I think. I also know they will swell up a bit as they grow and lock. I heard that it isn't recommended to get them super duper micro small. There is supposed to be around I think 450 locks or so on a head but I know some get like 600 or so, thus theirs are microscopic. I like my size too. I really feel unique because I only know a few other albino people with locks so we really stand out! :-)

9 days?!! Wow! God bless your patience. Your hair looks very pretty. Can you undo the sister locs in the future if you want to go back?

It looks good! I love the last two pics! Was it expensive? My bff was thinking about getting them. I think they're sooo pretty.

I saw a few pictures before that bogus page came up about my computer having a virus. Your hair looks great! It's nice to have another sisterlocker in the house.

Enjoy your locks!

9 days?!! Wow! God bless your patience. Your hair looks very pretty. Can you undo the sister locs in the future if you want to go back?

I can undo them if I want to go back, but that process is very long and tedious. If I ever wanted to go back to being a loose natural, I'd just let my hair grow and cut the ends. It would just be easier that way.

Yeah yeah yeah your hair is gorgeous....you just want us to envy you...:rolleyes:

Just kidding! Your hair looks wonderful! :grin:Can you take sisterlocks out like you can with locs?

Nvm you all ready answered that...

Last edited:
It looks good! I love the last two pics! Was it expensive? My bff was thinking about getting them. I think they're sooo pretty.

They tend to be expensive but you have to think of it as an investment. Luckily, my stylist didn't charge me an arm and a leg, but since my hair was so long, it took forever and she will likely charge her future clients more for longer hair....which is understandable. My friend got hers done for $600 and it took two days. She started with six inches of hair. I didn't pay that much for mine though.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing...You are going to enjoy your locks...My mom got hers very small, but not as small as the sistalocks but she LOVES them....Her hair is thicker than its ever been and she is already BSL after 3 years....even though her locks are not as small as yours she has SO MUCH versatility...Plus she had a great loctitian start her off so they didn't grow all puffy-looking!
Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Back