FINALLY, A SUCCESSFUL TWISTOUT

Robin41

Thanks to Peachtree's tips, I finally had a twist-out that looked decent enough to wear out in public! After shampoo, conditioning, leave-in and oiling, I did five cornrow twists from front to back and rolled the ends with oiled end papers on magnetic rollers. After drying w/bonnet dryer, I untwisted with Wondergro Shea Butter sprayed on my fingers and VOILA! It came out really curly, moist and full. The only problem was that I didn't let it dry fully and the top was more stringy than curly.

Last night, I slept in a bonnet-type sleep cap and this morning the bottom part was still curly. I sprayed the top with S-curl and scrunched with IC hair polish and it still looks good. Tonight, I'll have to re-twist and this time I'll let it dry completely.

My husband didn't really care for this style (I believe the phrase was "it's a-ight") but I love it and this is definitely an alternative hairstyle for me to give my hair a break from the d/s ponytails.

Thanks Peachtree and everybody else for your tips. I never thought I could rock this style but I finally got it right!

bouncy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to Peachtree's tips, I finally had a twist-out that looked decent enough to wear out in public! After shampoo, conditioning, leave-in and oiling, I did five cornrow twists from front to back and rolled the ends with oiled end papers on magnetic rollers. After drying w/bonnet dryer, I untwisted with Wondergro Shea Butter sprayed on my fingers and VOILA! It came out really curly, moist and full. The only problem was that I didn't let it dry fully and the top was more stringy than curly.

Last night, I slept in a bonnet-type sleep cap and this morning the bottom part was still curly. I sprayed the top with S-curl and scrunched with IC hair polish and it still looks good. Tonight, I'll have to re-twist and this time I'll let it dry completely.

My husband didn't really care for this style (I believe the phrase was "it's a-ight") but I love it and this is definitely an alternative hairstyle for me to give my hair a break from the d/s ponytails.

Thanks Peachtree and everybody else for your tips. I never thought I could rock this style but I finally got it right!

bouncy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Robin, those were my thoughts exactly when I did my first successful braid out using Peachtree's suggestion last weekend. My husband didn't care for it either, but so what!

Rhonda

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Awwww, y'all make me feel soooooo special
cool.gif
!

Hey Robin
wave.gif
I'm really happy for u. See now that u have the "basics" down, u can adjust technique to work for u
smile.gif

Girl u were "rockin' it"
laugh.gif
, huh? My hubby "tripped" a bit too when I first started wearing both braid & twist outs... (He'd rather see my hair totally straight & out everyday).... but he quickly adjusted to my "new look"... shoot, he had no other choice
laugh.gif
! BTW, now he loves it!!! So maybe hubby will warm up to your new style... & MzRhonda, there's still hope girl
laugh.gif
... maybe your husband will warm up too
wink.gif

SweetCocoa, now as for getting a patent, shooooot, I wish I could... I'd be laying on the beach somewhere....CHILLIN'
smile.gif
beach.gif
laugh.gif
!!!

Back