FINALLY: A SOFT, MOISTURIZED AFRO!!!!! PIC

My goodness it has taken me two years and the help of you wonderful ladies to pin down a routine that keeps my chronically dry and porous hair, soft and moisturized. I finally feel like I am on a healthy hair journey. THANKS SOOOO much for all of your advice. :grin:

http://s946.photobucket.com/albums/ad304/Nappillyme/My hair/

Ok, so I have been doing henna/indigo every 6 weeks. I dc on dry hair with elucence and coconut oil, I then rinse that out and put more elucence in while I shower. I rinse and then do Roux mendex for 3 minutes followed by roux porousity control for one minute. I rinse with cool water. I add some Redken Extreme anti-snap, Long-Aid activator mixed with Miss Jessies buttercreme. I seal with my oil mixture of bjco, wheatgerm oil and coconut oil. I put fat twist in and go to bed. I untwist and lightly spritz with my spritz; water, honeyquat, veg. glycerin and argan oil. Sounds like a lot but it really isn't once it becomes routine.

This is what is working for me but my hair is very fine and VERY dry! I never imagined that I could have soft moisturized hair that lasts for days. The main thing was getting control of the porosity issue. I am now looking forward to retaining some length. I will do my first bkt next week. Hths someone.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is a lot! :lol:
But, if it works for you then continuing doing it. We have the same texture and a lot of people assume my hair must be dry and super crunchy. They are usually pleasantly surprised by the texture and softness. Our hair does not always have to be rough and hard.

Thanks Ladies! I hesitantly wore it out to church this morning and I couldn't believe how many compliments I received. A few women asked to feel it and I obliged b/c hopefully it will inspire one of them to try embracing their own hair. Afro-textured hair is beautiful! I am 4a and never thought I could love my hair so much. I didn't at first b/c I couldn't keep it moist and soft but now I can't keep my hands out of it.

your hairline looks awesome :up:

(weird, i know, but that's the first thing i noticed :giggle:)

OMGosh, thanks for saying that! My hairline has been to hell and back. I honbestly thought after a bad sew-in that they were gone for good. I have been using jbco and Jason's on them and I can't even believe they came back!

Thanks Ladies! I hesitantly wore it out to church this morning and I couldn't believe how many compliments I received. A few women asked to feel it and I obliged b/c hopefully it will inspire one of them to try embracing their own hair. Afro-textured hair is beautiful! I am 4a and never thought I could love my hair so much. I didn't at first b/c I couldn't keep it moist and soft but now I can't keep my hands out of it.

I want to touch it too :blush:

Beautiful fro

girl why are you rocking my future fro and showing it off like that LOL.. just gorjus, luv it luv it...

Back