FINALLY! A protein shake that TASTES GOOD!

Boadicea

I've finally found a protein shake that doesn't taste like
butwiggle_move.gif

I was at Whole Foods yesterday and decided to try a packet of Jay Robb's Egg White Protein (in Vanilla, natch) and it's actually good! It tastes lightly like how it smells (like vanilla pudding) in the way that a strong coffee been scent affects the flavor of the drink. My milk now has a nice subtle vanilla aftertaste.

It mixed easily in my glass of milk. I didn't have to churn it or dunk the powder in the milk several times before it mixed.

Here's the site: http://jayrobb.com/eggwhitprotp.html

It's got 24g protein, 5% Biotin, 10% Iodine 25% B6 and 35% Riboflavin and other stuff.

Boadicea said:
I've finally found a protein shake that doesn't taste like
butwiggle_move.gif
:lol: too cute!

I'm glad you found a protein shake that tastes good! I've only tried a protein shake once and don't like them. Thanks for sharing!:D

What's up "B" :wave: I am so glad you brought this up. I thought I mentioned this is someone else's post but I could be wrong. I hear ya LOUD AND CLEAR! I just recently started drinking EGG PROTEIN as well and it's the best protein by far. I take the Healthy and Fit 100% Eggg protein. It also has 24g of protein per serving and mixes very easily with a spoon. I have the Strawberry Passion flavor.

In my quest to gain back my inches recently loss, I seriously had to revisit the protein drink. I'm glad I finally found one I can stand to take. So far I've been very consistent in gettin 1 a day. Just this morning I was thinking I should do 2 @ once since the taste is so good. Good luck and happy hair growing :cheers:

ISS makes a DELICIOUS whey shake. Its what I drink. All the flavors are good. whey has a better bioavailability rating and biological value than egg protein.

These do sound tasty! Has anyone tried the Bottletop brand? It's not a shake, but it's a protein drink..the flavor is vanilla chai.

I like Myoplex Lite Ready to Drink protein shake in Strawberry Cream. It tastes like a thick strawberry flavored slim fast. I'm thinking that next time I'll try whey protein powder mixed with yogurt and fruit juices in the future to make a nice smoothie and my 3 a-day for diary products.

I like drinking the protein variety of Ensure ( I love thoes things for some reason). and I usually Mix a spoon full of Whey Protein into the bottle and shake it for a min or two, just to increase the amt of protein I get.

c_octavia said:
I like drinking the protein variety of Ensure ( I love thoes things for some reason). and I usually Mix a spoon full of Whey Protein into the bottle and shake it for a min or two, just to increase the amt of protein I get.

Your not the only one that loves protein shakes:love:. I love Ensure:lick: too and also Supligen:lick:, Sports shake:lick: and egg nog:lick:.

You can make them even better by mixing the powder with flavored or plain yogurt, and fruits of your choice in the blender. Add vanilla extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, or whatever takes your fancy. It makes for a very filling breakfast, snack, or dessert.

I mix mine with banana and strawberries, or banana and mango, or banana and pineapple. I guess you can tell I like bananas. ;)
If I buy too many, I freeze them before they become overripe then use them in my shakes.

Tip: Freeze the yogurt or the fruit beforehand so the shake is nice and thick. :up:

I have been unable to find the Jay Robb's in my area. I know I can order it but for the time being I have kind of created my own shake. If anyone has any ideas on how I can tweek the recipe, please let me know. I estimate that the shake should provide 35 - 40g of protein. Unfortunately, I am estimating that it will also provide 430 calories. :(
Here is the recipe:
1 ¼ c. milk
1 packet of Carnation Instant Breakfast
1 scoop of Designer Whey Protein
2 tbls sweetened condensed milk

As you see, I am still using the protein shake mix (Designer Whey) but I mask/enhance it with other flavors. I may add a tblspoon of vanilla flavoring.
I am starting my own personal protein shake challenge. I hope to consume 2-3 shakes a day for the next 30 days. I know it seems like a lot but I have recently started working out with a trainer and he recommends 140-150 grams of protein daily for my personal workout regime and goals.

Back