FHI RUNWAY HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED????????

Mandy4610

Last edited:
Yep. Apparently they are coming out with a new Runway model Feb 10'.. because of all the issues many buyers are having with the iron down the line ..

Ooh, how do you like it? Does your hair feel moisturized after flat ironing?

Is your siggy pic results of flat ironing?:grin:

I think the 'issues' are that after a period of time it stops working for no particular reason

It feels silky and moisturized. I mainly love the fact that it doesn't give me heat damage with my curls (along with sabino moisture block)

Yeah I did my siggy with that. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba72073keSs

Me too. I have one.. and I have not experienced any issues (yet).. but when I called customer service to know why it is being discontinued (after I JUST bought one a couple of months back).. the lady I spoke with said that they are coming out with an improved Runway model and they are on back order until February.

A lady from another hair board stated that the new model will have one baked layer of ceramic plate vs the six.

I take it that the iron [may]eventually have issues outside of the warranty period b/c of the 6 plates..

I have one and had no issues. One plate is better than 6 layers though. I am always afraid of dropping my Runway & cracking the ceramic plates so I sit it inside the sink as I do my hair instead of on the edge of the counter like I once did with my other flat irons.

Yep. Apparently they are coming out with a new Runway model Feb 10'.. because of all the issues many buyers are having with the iron down the line ..
Oh good, I have until Feb to save for it. I am getting tired of my Sedu being so hot on the outsides. Can't even touch it at all.

Yes they are making a better runway. I talked to an FHI representative and they said that the EPS was out performing the Runway, so they are trying to keep the Runway as the top of the line. I have both. I have not used the EPS yet though.

Actually Folica says that message when actually they just dont carry a product anymore but its still being made. Id check with the manufacturer to be sure. Ive seen that message before for a product or two that were definitely still being made...

Ooh, what is this EPS?

The elite professional system or something like that. When they made the iron(there is also a dryer the eps 2100) it was supposed to be a step up from the platform. When they put it on the market which I believe was sometime in july(at hair shows) they noticed it was better than the runway. It has the three baked plates instead of six but for some reason it is better. Like I said I haven't tried it yet because I am not using heat until the end of this month. It is cheaper than the runway also by about 100 bucks.

Actually Folica says that message when actually they just dont carry a product anymore but its still being made. Id check with the manufacturer to be sure. Ive seen that message before for a product or two that were definitely still being made...

I called and spoke directly with FHI customer service (I did not specify that in my post)

The elite professional system or something like that. When they made the iron(there is also a dryer the eps 2100) it was supposed to be a step up from the platform. When they put it on the market which I believe was sometime in july(at hair shows) they noticed it was better than the runway. It has the three baked plates instead of six but for some reason it is better. Like I said I haven't tried it yet because I am not using heat until the end of this month. It is cheaper than the runway also by about 100 bucks.

your talking about the Hana elite professional right? I was looking into purchasing that since I heard it was better than the runway and cheaper.

You can still get the H2PRO Grand Master LE series, it's the exact same as the ORIGINAL runway, before they started having issues. It's sold a few places, frizzy2silky.com beautymember.com...etc

Goodness gracious, now I'm curious...where'd ya get your EPS?:drunk:

your talking about the Hana elite professional right? I was looking into purchasing that since I heard it was better than the runway and cheaper.

She's talking about something completely different; the EPS is a flat iron created by FHI, I dont think it's 100% ceramic, but like she said, it was supposed to be a step up from the Platform

I started a thread like 2 weeks ago. I was heartbroken. The EPS is 100% ceramic as well. I was considering it for a bit. Still am. It has 3 plates.

^^ Ooh, really? I wish I could see pics or results of someone who has used EPS; I'd wish I'd known about this iron sooner.

EDIT:

I just checked and the EPS is not 100% ceramic... The rep could be wrong but she said it is like the platform but better :( I was actually considering getting this!

Last edited:
Back