FHI Flat Iron

Cincysweetie

*I did a search for this already, and came up with nothing, so sorry if this question has already been posted and please point me in the right direction if you can on any threads regarding flat irons*

I am looking to purchase a new and GOOD ceramic flat iron. I want one that is durable and I've heard that the CHI produces great results but people have had problems with them breaking, shorting, or just plain falling apart. If you have a CHI, have you experienced this? How do you like it? Anyway, I was thinking about purchasing the FHI, but haven't come across many reviews about it. What I have heard has been good so far. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? How long have you had it? And where did you purchase it and for what price? Thanks in advance, so sorry for all the questions! :)

hi, i just got one about a month ago and while i haven't used it that much, i tested it out and have to say it straightens great. But i think i could have just stuck with my Jilbere Ceramic and been just as happy, for less money.

I have an FHI and I love it :love: It makes my unruly natural hair look like I've gone to the salon every time I've used it. I bought this one over the Chi because it gets MUCH hotter (if you need the extra degrees). Mine was purchased at www.aveyou.com. My SO actually got it for me, but he said they had good customer service and all that :up:

Also, Farouk stands by their manufacturer's warranty. I accidentally dropped my iron, and it shook something loose inside it that made it stop working a couple weeks later. I called the company, told them that my iron was no longer working and I wasn't sure why :look: , sent them my old iron with all the info re where it was purchased, and they sent me a new one within 2 weeks. :)

Thanks ladies, good reviews. Anyone else? I think I am sold on this, now it's just a matter of finding the best deal. :)

I use the CHI and Jilbere ceramic irons b/c my hair is in a bob and I need the small CHI to get those shorter areas in the back. Both work perfectly for me and they have the temperature gauge so you have control over how hot the iron gets. I just ordered the Maxiglide b/c I wanted to try it and see if it makes a difference since with the maxiglide you do not have to blow dry your hair before you use it and I am transitioning so when my hair is all natural I do not want to have to blow dry and then flat iron to straigten if I don't have to. CaramelHonee had great results with her Maxiglide. Make sure which ever one you get has the temperature gauge and that it is ceramic of good quality. The Jilbere was the cheapest of them all ($50) and the Maxiglide I got for half off the regular price from HSN. It originally is $159. HTH

so far I don't have any problems with my chi...it is very light -so your arms wont get tired after using it , and it manages to get my hair straight with no hassles.

Back