Fenty Hair Care Line by Rihanna

I like the Fenty Skin products I’ve tried. Not sure if that means she invested time finding quality products or she got lucky but I have more confidence in what she’s selling than other celebs. If I can get her products at Ulta or Target I’ll check them out.

I like the Fenty Skin products I’ve tried. Not sure if that means she invested time finding quality products or she got lucky but I have more confidence in what she’s selling than other celebs. If I can get her products at Ulta or Target I’ll check them out.
Yes, I agree. She also did a good job on the makeup side as far as bringing such a large shade range to market. Curious to see what she comes up with on the hair side.

Last edited:
I have tried to like her makeup products. I do like the killawatt highlighter in the powder and the stick. Her gloss bombs are not good. She is wearing a wig in the picture too.. yeah… y’all let me know how it goes.

I’m bored.

Me too. They aren’t offering anything special, just more “nice” bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Yawn. I wish these celebrities would wait until they can present something groundbreaking like when Olaplex introduced bond rebuilding or K18 and polypeptide chain repair. We have plenty of shampoo and conditioner options available already. I’m sure there more advances in haircare science to be made.

But to be fair, we haven’t seen what Fenty will offer. At least her products will be available to try and return in stores, unlike with Beyoncé’s line.

She looks beautiful there, but her hair looks dry on the promos.

I wish she brought back the dark pixie or bob. Her hair looked super cute, shiny and had more impact back then.

She definitely heard the complaints about not showing her natural hair.

But it doesn’t look good. :look: It certainly doesn’t suggest she has a special proprietary super-weapon repairing ingredient at her disposal.

She should have come out with a line of vibrant semi-permanent hair colors. That’s what she’s known for: switching up her look and hair colors based on her mood and the era she’s in—not for having healthy hair.

But it doesn’t look good. :look: It certainly doesn’t suggest she has a special proprietary super-weapon repairing ingredient at her disposal.

She should have come out with a line of vibrant semi-permanent hair colors. That’s what she’s known for: switching up her look and hair colors based on her mood and the era she’s in—not for having healthy hair.

You're right. The hair colour thing would have been more captivating. I think this far into the "natural" hair and DIY hair game, this is not selling it for me. And it's not that I'm saying people are DIYing products, but rather people have been taking charge of their routines for at least a decade -- and know what they can achieve without this product line.

She's bringing the "don't trust a stylist that has worse hair than you" vibes to this launch.

Absolutely not. Skincare, fashion, & makeup, 1000% here for it. Her hair pics are so uninspiring. It’s literally a money grab. If she has a purple shampoo/condish, I may be interested.

I also agree she should’ve came out with hair colors. What would’ve been really dope is if she would’ve came out with something innovative like the Colorsonic L’Oreal is doing…all here for that.

Got and used my Fenty products.

Shampoo I used a clarifying shampoo before it so the shampoo wasn't very moisturizing. The scent is pleasant and light.

Deep conditioner Goes on with mega slip. Easy to comb through. I left it in for 1 hour no heat. Upon rinsing my hair was not soft or moisturized. There are no instructions on the jar or website that tell you how long to leave it in. Maybe 1 hour was too long. I'll try with heat and less time the next time. After 1st use, no impressed
Curl cream. Nice slip. My hair is drying with mild crunch. I will say my regular leave-in didn't work on my hair with these products. Next time I will use another or no leave-in. Jury is out.
Thats it for now. Underwhelmed.

Got and used my Fenty products.

Shampoo I used a clarifying shampoo before it so the shampoo wasn't very moisturizing. The scent is pleasant and light.

Deep conditioner Goes on with mega slip. Easy to comb through. I left it in for 1 hour no heat. Upon rinsing my hair was not soft or moisturized. There are no instructions on the jar or website that tell you how long to leave it in. Maybe 1 hour was too long. I'll try with heat and less time the next time. After 1st use, no impressed
Curl cream. Nice slip. My hair is drying with mild crunch. I will say my regular leave-in didn't work on my hair with these products. Next time I will use another or no leave-in. Jury is out.
Thats it for now. Underwhelmed.
Update. I rewashed my hair and left the conditioner on for 3 minutes. Hair felt moisturized somewhat. Used the Comeback kid as a leave-in. This product is supposed to make the hair soft. Made my hair feel rough.
Applied the curl cream. My hair is drying curly but crunchy.

I'll try next weekend one more time. If I still don't get soft hair, back it goes for a refund.

Update. I rewashed my hair and left the conditioner on for 3 minutes. Hair felt moisturized somewhat. Used the Comeback kid as a leave-in. This product is supposed to make the hair soft. Made my hair feel rough.

I'll try next weekend one more time. If I still don't get soft hair, back it goes for a refund.

The issue might be that there is protein in every single product. That is one of their selling points, but it doesn’t seem like a very good idea to me. The protein is also high on each ingredient list. I think most of their target audience is likely naturals with types 3 and 4 hair and low to normal porosity, who don’t need to layer repairing products. I’m relaxed and wouldn’t want protein in every step of my regimen.

Update #2
I decided to send everything back except the curl cream. I can work with that product. The others are just not for my hair type. I was expecting juicy hair. I got nothing. So much for celebrity hair lines. And let me say she made these products for all hair types. Not just for us. Maybe that's the problem.

Last edited:
The issue might be that there is protein in every single product. That is one of their selling points, but it doesn’t seem like a very good idea to me. The protein is also high on each ingredient list. I think most of their target audience is likely naturals with types 3 and 4 hair and low to normal porosity, who don’t need to layer repairing products. I’m relaxed and wouldn’t want protein in every step of my regimen.
I think she made this for people who abuse their hair with heat products. Not naturals like me who do no heat styles. And you're right about the protein. I'm 3c high porosity. My hair needs moisture and protein and pH balance. I don't need to layer protein on my hair unless if using a flat iron.

Back