Feeling Overwhelmed w/ LHCF Terminology, HELP!!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Okay, I'm hope I'm not asking too much. I'm a Newbie and I've been on here a few days getting suggestions and such and I notice that I get lost in terminology. I don't know what a prepoo and cowash is. Could someone please explain this to me? If not, could you point me to a LHCF glossery of terms or something like that? Thank you all so much. I also don't understand a lot of the abbreviations stand for. Please help. I want my hair to be bouncin' and behavin' like you guys... Thanks =)

Go to LHCF Acronyms and Abbreviations. Cowash is washing your hair with conditioner only, no shampoo.

Hi and welcome :)

Cowashing = washing your hair with conditioner in place of shampoo. For many shampoo tends to strip and dry the hair out so using just conditioner instead can be a big benefit to many.

Prepoo = Adding a product to your hair and letting it sit (with heat, without, etc) for however long you see fit. It will in many cases moisturize and/or stregthen your hair. Then you shampoo out and do the rest of your regimen.

I understand your feeling overwhelmed. There is a sticky at the top of the page in the hair forum that has a link to LHCF abbreviations and explanations of things. You should check there.

ETA: Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Hey there! :D I feel you 100%, when I first joined it was like everyone was speaking some kinda foreign hair language. But once you kinda start understanding, you'll start using the terms in your everyday speech! :D :lol:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=20774

This gives a gen. idea of what the abbreviations mean.

Prepoo - Pre shampoo. It's when you add an oil or conditioner to dry hair and let it sit from 30 mins to overnite before shampoo. It helps protect the hair from the drying ingredients in shampoo (or at least thats my understanding).

Cowash -Conditioner Wash. Again, because shampoos can be drying, alot of ladies wash their hair with conditioner instead of actual shampoo. It also helps to add moisure to your hair if you may be experiencing dryness. Alot of ladies use 'cheapies' or just cheap conditioners like Suave, White Rain, V05, Tressemme as their cowash conditioners.

Hope this helps somewhat... :D

Hey there! :D I feel you 100%, when I first joined it was like everyone was speaking some kinda foreign hair language. But once you kinda start understanding, you'll start using the terms in your everyday speech! :D :lol:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=20774

This gives a gen. idea of what the abbreviations mean.

Prepoo - Pre shampoo. It's when you add an oil or conditioner to dry hair and let it sit from 30 mins to overnite before shampoo. It helps protect the hair from the drying ingredients in shampoo (or at least thats my understanding).

Cowash -Conditioner Wash. Again, because shampoos can be drying, alot of ladies wash their hair with conditioner instead of actual shampoo. It also helps to add moisure to your hair if you may be experiencing dryness. Alot of ladies use 'cheapies' or just cheap conditioners like Suave, White Rain, V05, Tressemme as their cowash conditioners.

Hope this helps somewhat... :D

May I suggest V05 Moisture Milks? :love:

Back