Feel like I can't wear my hair natural..

I dont want to hijack your thread, MixedGirl, but I have a question for whoever can answer-- how come some curls look spirally and some are wavy-curls? Still the same amount of curliness, but just different. Is it certain products? I have the wavy-type (like curlycrocheter), and I would like to learn how to make them look more spirally sometimes (like Bozcurls)

I dont think you should relax especially when there are better options for frizz free hair like a bkt
relaxers dont even help with frizz imo they just completely kill the curl ask Arlana

melhanee I think that's where actual hair type comes into play.

I think I'm more of a loose 2b/3a whereas bozcurls seems like more of a 3b/3c

I always had to learn the right amount of product to use for my hair. I used to think that leave-in's and moisturizers didn't work in my hair. One day, I accidentally poured too much out of the bottle, decided to use it anyway & VOILA! Beautiful hair. I learned that I can't be afraid to use a literal handful of product. I have A LOT of hair, so why would I use a tiny dab of leave-in??

Really good point!

MixedGirl - have you checked out YouTube videos for tips on styling curly hair. SunKissAlba is one popular YTer who has hair similar to ours, and I love how simple (yet cute) her styles are.

The first time I watched one of her videos, my jaw nearly dropped when I saw just how much product she used. But it seems like she supports the point curlycrocheter made. Her hair never looks gunky either.

As a natural who recently relaxed, I would not suggest it. If you were having major issues with tangles, matting, hair shrinking up to your eyeballs, ripping your hair out every time you styled or detangled, then yes. For me, relaxing didn't make my hair a drop smoother or less frizzy or kinky. You've mastered straightening your hair, and I don't think relaxing will really add that much ease to the process. And this may seem weird, but my natural hair straightened was much softer and sleeker than my straightened relax hair is. So much so that I couldn't get it to hold any type of curl :spinning:.

I dont want to hijack your thread, MixedGirl, but I have a question for whoever can answer-- how come some curls look spirally and some are wavy-curls? Still the same amount of curliness, but just different. Is it certain products? I have the wavy-type (like curlycrocheter), and I would like to learn how to make them look more spirally sometimes (like Bozcurls)

Think its just natural, mine are more wavy.

Really good point!

MixedGirl - have you checked out YouTube videos for tips on styling curly hair. SunKissAlba is one popular YTer who has hair similar to ours, and I love how simple (yet cute) her styles are.

The first time I watched one of her videos, my jaw nearly dropped when I saw just how much product she used. But it seems like she supports the point curlycrocheter made. Her hair never looks gunky either.

I have, I just find that because my hair is so dense its a little bit harder to deal with. You're right though, I may have to have another proper look.

As a natural who recently relaxed, I would not suggest it. If you were having major issues with tangles, matting, hair shrinking up to your eyeballs, ripping your hair out every time you styled or detangled, then yes. For me, relaxing didn't make my hair a drop smoother or less frizzy or kinky. You've mastered straightening your hair, and I don't think relaxing will really add that much ease to the process. And this may seem weird, but my natural hair straightened was much softer and sleeker than my straightened relax hair is. So much so that I couldn't get it to hold any type of curl :spinning:.

Thanks for sharing

Back