Fed up

Adrian3bc

For some reason my hair in the back of my head fell out over the past 1/2 year. It is growing back but, that section is like 3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair, which is an inch past the shoulders. Should I cut my hair to even it out? Get a weave until it grows? Also are there and styles i can do to cover it? Please help. Any info wwill be aprreciated.
Help!!!!!!
Thanks,
Adrian3bc /images/graemlins/whyme.gif

Adrian3bc,

Do not I repeat do not cut the rest of your hair. Is this 3 in. section at the nape? If so when you wear it down the rest of the hair probably covers it well & if you wear buns just make sure to wear low ones so you can smooth that section in with the rest of your hair. If anything I'd say just let your hair even itself out or trim 1/2 in every mth of the other sections of your hair until your 3in section grows out, now if you do this the rest of your hair won't appear to be getting longer, but your broken section will catch up.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Adrian3bc,

Do not I repeat do not cut the rest of your hair. Is this 3 in. section at the nape? If so when you wear it down the rest of the hair probably covers it well &amp; if you wear buns just make sure to wear low ones so you can smooth that section in with the rest of your hair. If anything I'd say just let your hair even itself out or trim 1/2 in every mth of the other sections of your hair until your 3in section grows out, now if you do this the rest of your hair won't appear to be getting longer, but your broken section will catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that statement 100%. Don't cut your hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks so much for the advice. (I didn't really want to cut my hair) But the top layer over that section has recently disappeared. So i dont know what to do. My hair used to be so full.

You can also try roller sets and wear it curly all over. Simply fingercomb your curls and wear a cute headband or none at all. You can hide newgrowth this way too.

i agree with ms kenesha. DO NOT CUT! i would wear the low bun like she said. i don't know that i would trim the 1/2" a month until it caught up. i'd just wear it up more and let it be. i'm really, really conservative when it comes to trimming hair with healthy ends. what condition are the ends in the broken area in?

adrienne

Girl I hear ya!!! The back of my hair fell out last year twice! The first time, it was the back part close to the neck (nape), why? Because the stupid stylist did not wash out the relaxer out of my hair properly. So the hair fell off gradually, ( at the end, the hair was less than an inch). But, being that I have a lot of hair, my other hair covered the area, and it was all good. Second time, when i moved to philly in september, i went to this other stylist who used vitale, well my piece, the hair from the left side back of my head was falling out in her hands as she was washing out my hair. (she attributed it to the dryness of my hair, well, i think that if she is a hairdresser she should have said something such as "we shouldn't relax your hair now, or we shouldn't use Vitale because it is a very strong relaxer) I was scared like HELL! I never went back to that place. My hair was jacked up, but I was still able to cover it. I went to another stylist, and she cut the rest of my hair up to my jaw. I am still covering it.

Don't cut your hair!!! I regret it. Just cover it with the longer pieces of your hair. Roller set it or do straw sets/flexi rods, because that will hide it too. When you wear your hair up, just put pretty clips in the back where its short, to keep it up and to make it look neat. Do not cut your HAIR! Sorry that I am so passionate about this topic, but its just i hate that i cut mine, and i am tired of these short pieces in the back.

Thanks for the advice. I was really thinking about cutting it all off.

PS My ends are good all over. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back