February 2022: Hits & Misses

Hit:
Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Hold It Gel: Great natural hard holding gel. It also works beautifully on my edges.

S-curl no drip activator: Moisturizes hair with no build up. Can make hair have moisture overload if not balanced with protein though.

Camille Rose Almond Jai Butter: Great moisturizing cream that works well with my hair. Smells good as well.

Meh:
ORS Max Moisture Line. The line was ok. I liked the shampoo the most and the mask the least. The leave in flakes with my gels and I couldn't find much use for the lotion.

Keracare Humecto: This was just ok for my natural hair when used with heat. I can see this working better with chemically treated hair

Paul Mitchell The Conditioner: Works well with gels but provides no moisture.

Miss:
Novex Argan Oil mask: this stuff used to make my hair feel like butter but now it does nothing. I used to love this line of products before they expanded but now the quality has gone down. So dissapointing.

Long term protective styles: wearing wigs with braids underneath for 6 weeks caused massive breakage to my already weak hairline. I also suffered alot of breakage all over. Wigs will be just a temporary style for me from now on.

Doing keratin/botox treatments. I haven't been able to retain length due to my chemically treated hair breaking off. I'm done with the chemicals.

Megahit

Hair Divinity Pre- Exfoliating Scalp Treatment
  • I was thinking this was a water spritz but its an oil consistency. I planned on using it for my scalp but taking down these braids, i noticed extreme buildup and decided to spray some on the area. It came apart so easily after massaging it in and I lost little to no hair other than the shed hairs. Winner!

Miss
Ecoslay Applesauce: The consistency of it didnt really slick back edges. Needed to be set with a scarf. Didn't hold all day for me. Flaked on the second day. Didn't like this at all.

Keracare hydrating and detangling shampoo: I don't get what people like about this shampoo. I didn't like it at all it feels drying and I felt no moisture or slip from this shampoo. My I think I just do not like sulfate free shampoos. Malibu C undo goo was more moisturizing and detangling shampoo was better and its a clarifying shampoo!

Hits:
EcoStyler Black Castor & Flaxseed Oil Gel - easy to work with, emulsifies well with my leave-in, and holds very well.
Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-in- I used to dislike this conditioner, due to buildup. Now, it's perfect for me.
Olaplex #3- as a leave-in, it's great. I only use it once a week. Using #0/3 as a weekly treatment is time consuming for me.
Aphogee 2-step Protein treatment- awesome stuff! I'm glad I brought it back into my regimen. It was the missing key to my moisture retention.

Miss:
Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-in- just watery trash that made my hair feel hard. No slip.
Kinky Curly Come Clean- not as clarifying as I thought, doesn't serve the purpose I need

Miss
Luvme hair headband wig. It is a hot mess. Lopsided. Different texture hair. I am trying to return it but I think that's going to be a project. I should have known better. Ladies don't ever buy from them. It's a scam.

Hit
Azulhaircollection. I have 1 lace front from them and 2 on order including a headband wig. Their customer service is A++.
I’m cackling at the image of the wig being lopsided like count your lucky days hair vendor because that’s not good.

Back