Feb 10 11 12 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

SATURDAY

Pre-poo: VO5 moisturizing conditioner + olive oil this melts my tangles away :love3:
Cleanse: SM JBCO Shampoo (best shampoo in my opinion)
Light Protein: Palmers Coconut Oil Protein Pack (smells heavenly)
DC: Aussie 3 min Mega Moist + SSI Avocado Conditioner + Olive Oil
Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today & SSI Softening Balm.

Trim my hair and put tea tree + rosemary & olive oil on my scalp.

Last edited:
The theme of today's wash day was DIY. Struggle DIY mostly.

Prepoo: shea butter mix all over
Shampoo: melted down some african black soap from the night before, but then ran out mid-shampoo and had to make more on the spot
DC: grapeseed oil and every strand shea coconut dc
Diy protein: mixed gelatin and silk amino acid powders with warm water to melt them and then added NPF and poured that over my hair. Left it for a few minutes.
Rice water rinse: poured this on top of the protein because I was feeling very lazy
Leave-ins: sm moisture spray, argan and jojoba oil and sm c&s conditioner
Stretch: curlformers. I mostly used the regular size because the barrel ones are really showing their age. They barely grip my roots and some are falling apart. Sad.

Pre-poo: Annabelle's Pre-Poo treatment under heat for 20 mins
Exfoliate: KomazaCare Pona Scalp Treatment
Poo: KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Poo
Light Protein: BASK Whiskey Soak
DC: KJ Naturals Rosemary Coconut DC under heat for 30 mins
Leave-in: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Heat Protectant: KomazaCare Matani Serum
Dry: Roller set under Pibbs

Home blend ceramides oil Prepoo

Twist hair up and do the following in fat twists:

Dry DC on dirty hair: SSI okra + neutral protein filler

Moisture DC with As I Am Hydration Elation

Shampoo w/Nioxin

SM Kids Detangling Spray

Netwurks Xcel 21 on scalp

Home made ceramide oils to seal

Today I did a wash n go styling with Jakeala's Beau Vert oil, then Camille Rose Fresh Curl topped with Curlmaker. Amazing curl definition and smoothing. I plopped for 25 minutes. I'll update once my hair fully dries.

I could also do this without the Plopping. It is good to revisit products!

Today I am:

Texlaxing
with Affirm Fiberguard relaxer (mild) using the whole relaxer system from Shampoo to Deep Conditioner
Using Chi Silk Infusion on my ends for protection
Demi-Coloring
with Matrix Volume 10 and Color Sync Black Ash with Absolute Perfection in the mixture for added protection of my hair.
Deep Conditioning to finish with Sarenzo's Pumpkin Deep Conditioner
Leave-In - NG Sweet Plantain Leave-In Conditioner

Not sure if I will be bunning but I want to for a week before plaiting down to wear under my wigs.

Tonight I plan to rub my hair down with coconut oil as a prepoo.
Tomorrow:
Shampoo: SM High Porosity Moisture-Seal Shampoo
Protein Conditioner: Komaza
Moisturizing Conditioner: TBD
Liquid: Either Braid spray or Komaza Aloe My Hair Soft & Strong Spray
Oil: JBCO on edges Avocado on rest of hair.
Cream: TBD.

I have to remind myself to not be too lazy because with a TWA ALL of your hair is your future ends!

Prepoo: Alikay naturals avocado cream mask
Shampoo: Garnier whole blends replenishing olive 2x
DC: Mielle organics babassu oil and mint conditioner mixed with NG Bamboo and silk conditioner
Leave in : APB leave in, APB simple hair creme, Camille Rose fresh curls.
Sealant: Avocado oil
Braided up in preparation to wear a wig. It seems that I need to add glycerin back into my regimen.

Cowashed this morning with a little bit of Bel Nouvo Creamy Castor Deep Conditioner to see what it feels like on my hair. It is quite moisturizing, glided on and off my hair very nicely.

I'll save the rest to DC with and finish off my Matrix Fiberstrong Conditioner to cowash with instead.

My wash day was yesterday.

Prepoo: Various oils under the dryer for 20 minutes
Shampoo: SM Moisture Rentention Shampoo
DC: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner under dryer for 30 minutes
Leave-In: Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In Conditoner
Air Dry
Moisurize & Seal: Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer & Hydratherma Naturals Hair Growth Oil
Style: One big plait then wrap it up for the night.

Got twists instead of braids. The takedown process will be so much faster with the twists. I let the Africans do them since my friend has had no issues with them. I'm glad the listened and didn't do them tight. If she felt a twist was too tight she would start over. Not sure if I would go back again tho because they were expensive

02/10/17
Prepoo: Vatika Naturals Enriched Coconut oil + Nubian Heritage EVOO and Moringa Pre-Poo Treatment

02/11/17 - I wash my hair in 10 jumbo twists
Shampoo: LUSH Jason and The Argan Oil (Rose scented shampoo bar)
DC mix: Taliah Waajid Enhancing Herbal, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (original formulas), SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex conditioners + ½ Tbsp. each Neem, Brahmi & Jasmine oils

Style (~40 or 50 Twists)
Liquid Leave-In: 4oz Oyin Handmade Greg Juice, 2oz Rose Water, 6oz Distilled H2O + ½ Tbsp. SM Peace Rose Complex conditioner
Oyin Handmade Whipped Shea (unscented) on ends

Back