Favorite Products to Use for Rollersetting?

What I use depends on the weather. I usually just spray with Infusium 23, humectress water, Africa's Best herbal oil: spray into hand and rub through length. If it is very humid I use some silicone on the ends of my hair to keep them from frizzing out.

When I do a wet wrap I use setting lotion to make it dry faster otherwise it would take 5 or 6 hours.

I like KeraCare Setting Lotion (although I recently noticed that it has a relatively high pH, 6.0), Pantene leave-in spray conditioner for detangling, and Jherri Redding Professional Prescription Biotin Leave-in Conditioner spray. The JR has a low pH (3.8) and I really love the way it makes my hair very shiny!

I personally find setting lotions leave my hair too crisp which means I tend to lose more hair during comb outs. So what I have done for the last several months is a mix of TCB Blowdry Lotion (which can be used alone for a soft set) Kiehls Silk Groom and the Body Shops Palmshine Leave In Conditioner. About a nickel size in equal parts.

I like Razac leave in for my rollersets, it leaves my hair really soft. I try not to use much products on my wet hair, just leave in andwhen dry i wrap my hair with profectiv's 3in1 oil.

Oh Jen! You are soooo welcome! Sorry I'm late viewing this post. Glad you like the roller sets. You did exactly as I said and your hair looks great!
smile.gif

Also...if you use the headress, you may want to add your favorite oil to it. Mix it up in the bottle or, if you buy the tube like I did mix some headress and oil in a seperate container. Your hair's texture looks similar to mine. When I mixed the oil with the headress that seemed to help.

Back