Favorite Products to Use for Rollersetting?

JenJen2721

First I wanted to say thank you to Stormy
wave.gif
for encouraging me to try a rollerset. I thought my hair was too short for rollersets and that I would end up looking like I had a hairstyle from the 60's! LOL! She convinced me that I could do it and it turned out great! Thanks girl!
notworthy.gif

I tried one last Thursday and I was very pleased!

Also during that rollerset, I tried 3 new products (yes I bought new products on 7/31)
grin.gif
I tried: Motions Nourish Leave-In, Lottabody setting cream, Loreal Vive Serum...

I'd have to say I was very pleased with all of my new products, but especially the Vive serum. It keep my hair feeling smooth and untangled the whole time I was putting the rollers in.

My question for you rollersetters out there is...what is your absolute must-have product for a rollerset? Or favorite rollersetting products?

JenJen,

How long is your hair, and how do you style it after setting it?? I'm asking because my daughter's hair is short (in the back it's on her neck, shorter in the front) and I'm trying to take care of her hair by giving her rollersets but she HATES the way her hair looks after I take the rollers out. (Like you said, it's like something out of the 60's). She ends up brushing it out and putting it up in a ponytail every time...

Hmmmm, Africa's Best Leave in Liquid Hair Mayonaise gives me good slip and Nexxus Headress gives me good body and helps me pretend I'm Oprah. LOL I don't use setting lotions.

hmmm...

Well, this isn't really a product but rather a tool and I'd have to say a Fine-toothed comb.

As far as products: Lottabody Setting lotion, I'm open to trying others though. I'd like to try the cream but, I've only seen it once, guess I should have got it then.

I like the Razac Leave-in and the loreal Serum for setting. After it dries I like to use Biosilk silk therapy before wrapping.

Lindy,

My hair was cut into a short tapered style with lots of layers. The longest layer now is about 6 inches at the top and it gets shorter as you go down. The shortest is 2 inches at the back where it was shaved. I just used the biggest rollers that would fit, which didn't make it real curly, but just had a lot of body and slight curl. I wear my hair in a bob style..parted on one side with both sides combed down over my ears. Hope that makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]
Hope that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks JenJen, yes it does... Sounds like your hair is opposite of my daughter's (hers is longer in the back, shorter in the front - yours is longer in the front, shorter in the back)

ohwell.gif

It varies for me.. Sometimes I use Nexxus Headress, other times I use Dudley Q's Styling Foam, and whenever I can grab some, I'll use Lacio Lacio (Domincan). I love all three, but since you don't have to use a lot of the Headress, that bottle lasts longer.

Allandra, where do you purchase the Lafier Honey and Almond Rinse from? I've never heard of this product before.

I apply Infusim23 Moisturizing Leave-In (AO Aloe Vera added) and Nexxus Headress to my hair prior to rollersets. My hair is soft and full of body after removing the rollers.
*Setting lotions make my hair stiff. I've used Lottabody (diluted with water) but I didn't like the stiffness*

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra, where do you purchase the Lafier Honey and Almond Rinse from? I've never heard of this product before.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a Dominican product. I purchased it from Wheaton Beauty Supply (in Wheaton, Maryland).

I rollerset my daughter's hair and my must haves are:

* Lottabody Setting lotion
* Mane n Tail conditioner mix with coconut & grapeseed oil
* Dabur's hair oil (for her scalp)

Lindy, I am not sure how old your daughter is or the style she trying to achieve but when I set my daughter's hair I roll her hair vertically (one end of the roller pointing up and the other pointing down). When I unroll, I pull the roller down to create like a spiral curl. Also, keep in mind the size of the roller - I was always taught that the hair should circle the roller at least twice. It all depends on the style.

Nina

Depending on how curly I want my hair, I use Vitale wrap lotion or Lottabody seeting lotion for a more defined curl, and any leave in conditioner for a loose curl or doobie.
Favorite Leave-Ins: Salerm21 and Elucence
Afterwards, I oil my scalp with either olive oil or Taaliah Wajid Hair Oil. I use a creme hairdress like ORS Carrot Oil a little later, when my scalp starts to feel dry.

I use a little bit of wildgrowth oil and then some sort of detangling conditioner or leave-in conditioner (I really like Joico Integrity). My hair is fine texture so I have to make sure its smooth more than anything, and minimum product, but really damp hair.

[ QUOTE ]

Lindy, I am not sure how old your daughter is or the style she trying to achieve but when I set my daughter's hair I roll her hair vertically (one end of the roller pointing up and the other pointing down). When I unroll, I pull the roller down to create like a spiral curl. Also, keep in mind the size of the roller - I was always taught that the hair should circle the roller at least twice. It all depends on the style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nina,
My daughter is 13. She thinks her hair looks too short & curly when it's set... and I use the biggest rollers possible!! I know she will like rollersets more when her hair grows out some more. Until then, she's gonna have to deal with what she has!!!
laugh.gif
She likes the blow-dried straight hair look, but I told her if she does that all the time, her hair will never grow back!!

[ QUOTE ]
Lottabody Cream mixed with a little Vive Smooth-Intense anti-frizz serum.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I used Sweetcocoa. I remember you recommending the Lottabody cream...it worked very well.
smile.gif

I really like the Pantene wrap/set lotion and L'Oreal Smooth intense for roller-sets. I also add Keracare silken seal to the ends of each curl that I roll. This makes for a fabulous, shiny, full of body rollerset.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the Pantene wrap/set lotion and L'Oreal Smooth intense for roller-sets. I also add Keracare silken seal to the ends of each curl that I roll. This makes for a fabulous, shiny, full of body rollerset.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Keracare's Silken Seal at the BSS recently. It was $25! Is it worth it?

I got a bottle of KeraCare Silken Seal for my birthday (to bad it only comes in a four ounce bottle - because it won't last me long). I'm STILL debating whether or not I'll spend the money to buy myself a bottle once this once is gone. I also have another nice thick serum on my list of staple products that I feel is just as good (but WAY cheaper).

KeraCare setting lotion works best for my rollersets and just like Supergirl I use the KeraCare silken seal on the ends. I love that stuff!!
trampoline.gif

Back