FAVORITE GEL

soslychic

I'm looking for a gel to tame, shine and define the little 4a curls popping out at my roots. It's a toss up between

fantasia hair polisher gel with sparklites (i know i didn't spell that right
laugh.gif
)

fantasia frizz buster straightening gel

elasta qp feels like silk

Any opinions?

The only gels I would trust are World of Curls Activator Gel, or Aloe Vera Gel. Those are the best, that straighten the hair out.

[ QUOTE ]
Nessa said:
The only gels I would trust are World of Curls Activator Gel, or Aloe Vera Gel. Those are the best, that straighten the hair out.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by straighten hair out? Did you use it to straighten your new growth a little or do you mean straighten out when you pull hair back?

i'm glad you started this thread because i have this new hair starting to grow in around my hairline and i need to find something to gel it down that wont dry it out and break it off.

Oh sorry soslychic, I wasn't clear enough,

I meant straighten out when you pull the hair back.

My personal fav is Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening Gel. It has uv protection and no alcohol. It isn't drying and does a good job at smoothing without flaking. I mix mine with Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade and use a scarf for hold.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
My personal fav is Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening Gel. It has uv protection and no alcohol. It isn't drying and does a good job at smoothing without flaking. I mix mine with Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade and use a scarf for hold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks hairlove. Do you do that only when pulling your hair back or for other styles?

I loooove Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening Gel. It really works for the smoothing of the hair and hair line, especially if you are several weeks post relaxer.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I have this gel on my list of hair care products to try in 2004.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I have this gel on my list of hair care products to try in 2004.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And just how long is that list now, Allandra??
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
And just how long is that list now, Allandra??
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's my list of products I may try in 2004:

Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening Gel (thanks to you)
Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner (3 Minute Masque)
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Wrap Snap and Go Rollers (thanks to you)

See, two of the items are because of you.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
See, two of the items are because of you.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, it's all MY fault now?
smile.gif

Anyways, I think you'll like the gel. Not sure about the rollers - hope you can find a good price for them. I paid $19.99 at Walgreens for mine.

When I want my hair extra smooth and glossy I use Smooth 'N' Shine Conditioning Gel. On my hair, it builds up pretty fast so I almost always wash my hair the day after I use it, otherwise anything else I put in my hair will just sort of sit on top of it. But I really do like the gel. It doesn't flake or dry out my hair or anything. It's cheap too
grin.gif

I'm using the Fantasia gel with the sparkalites. It works pretty good on damp hair to give my hair shine and smooth out my new growth for my bun styles.
grin.gif
I'd forgotten about it until you started this thread.

pooh123

I have been using the Elasta QP Gel and I think I am going
to try the fantasia frizz buster gel to see how it works on
my hair.

I just used my Elasta QP Glaze, las night and it did well. I was surprised. I did some twisties and i put some on my hair to get it str8 back and yes it did that. Even made my new growth nice and wavy like i wanted it to be. I got some aloe getl from fruit of the earth but that aint workin :P. But i love that elasta

Back