"Fasting" - Some Help with the Physical Reactions

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Angels, don't feel condemned when you may have a challenge to complete a fast. It happens, for we are making a major change in our eating patterns amd our bodies are saying...."What?!!?" :eek: Oh no you didn't take my chocolate cake away...I'll get you for this...instant headache and dizziness for sugar withdrawals." :lol:

Through the years, I've failed so many 'Fasts' because my body was reacting in ways that I didn't understand and I didn't know what to do except 'break' (stop) the Fast and resume eating. :whyme: ;)

God's word says we are to obtain wisdom and understanding. This is how satan 'gets' us during a Fast (not understanding the physical reactions and how to handle them). Once we understand our physical bodies, Fasting will be much easier for us spiritually as we fast and seek God in prayer.

I just wanted to share some things I've learned about our bodies and 'Fasting'. I hope it blesses you.

Note: This information is not from a Christian resource. However the information shared on 'Fasting' is true.

Use Prayer as your guide when determining which of the methods are best for you.
See your doctor; especially if you are taking any types of medication.

Some of the herbs and teas may not be recommended for you. I personally do not take many herbs (some, not many),

I follow the basic guidelines in assisting my body through a fast. Herbs are only recommended under the guidance of one with extended herbal knowledge.

Always, start slow when beginning a Fast of any kind. Although we may have a serious prayer need prompting the reason for a fast, we still need to be aware of our bodies, otherwise, the Fast may not be endured.

BASIC INFORMATION

"For Informational Use Only"

For more detailed information contact your health care provider
about options that may be available for your specific situation.

DESCRIPTION

As time passes, toxins build up in the body as the result of the pollutants in the air we breathe, the chemicals in the food and water we consume, and other means. Periodically, the body seeks to rid itself of these toxins, and releases them from the tissues.

The toxins then enter the bloodstream, causing the body to experience a "low" or "down" cycle. During such a cycle, you may suffer from headaches, diarrhea, or depression. Fasting is an effective and safe method of helping the body detoxify itself and move through this low cycle with greater speed and fewer symptoms.

In fact, fasting is recommended for any illness, as it gives the body the rest it needs to recover.

Acute illnesses, colon disorders, allergies, and respiratory diseases are most responsive to fasting, while chronic degenerative diseases are the least responsive. By relieving the body of the work of digesting foods, fasting permits the system to rid itself of toxins while facilitating healing.

But fasting is helpful not just in times of poor health or during the body's low cycles. By fasting regularly, you give all of your organs a rest, and thus help reverse the aging process and live a longer and healthier life. During a fast:
The natural process of toxin excretion continues, while the influx of new toxins is reduced. This results in a reduction of total body toxicity.
The energy usually used for digestion is redirected to immune function, cell growth, and eliminatory processes.

The immune system's workload is greatly reduced, and the digestive tract is spared any inflammation due to allergic reactions to foods.
Due to a lowering of serum fats that thins the blood, tissue oxygenation is increased and white blood cells are moved more efficiently.
Fat-stored chemicals, such as pesticides and drugs, are released.
Physical awareness and sensitivity to diet and surroundings are increased.
Due to these effects of fasting, a fast can help you heal with greater speed; cleanse your liver kidneys, and colon; purify your blood; help you lose excess weight and water; flush out toxins; clear the eyes and tongue; and cleanse the breath. It is recommended that you fast at least three days a month, and follow a ten-day fast at least twice a year.

Depending on the length of the fast, it accomplishes different things. A three-day fast helps the body rid itself of toxins and cleanses the blood. A five-day fast begins the process of healing and rebuilding the immune system. A ten-day fast can take care of many problems before they arise and help to fight off illness, including the degenerative diseases that have become so common in our chemically polluted environment.

Certain precautions should be taken during fasts.

First, do not fast on water alone. An all-water fast releases toxins too quickly, causing headaches and worse. Instead, follow the live-juice diet detailed below, as this both removes toxins and promotes healing by supplying the bogy with vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. Such a fast is also more likely to lead to a continued healthy diet once the fast is over, as it will accustom you to the taste of raw vegetables and the vitality that this diet promotes.

Second, whenever you fast for more than three days, do so only under the supervision of a qualified health care professional.

If you have diabetes, hypoglycemia, or another chronic health problem, even short fasts should be supervised by a health care provider. Pregnant and lactating women should NEVER fast!. Please remember.... It took years to wear your body down, and it will take time to build it back up to its peak condition. But it can be done. Then, whenever you start to feel unwell, fast and feel better.

(See next post for part 2)

Last edited:
Part 2: ;) This note below is so important. God says, "Do not be so spiritually minded that we are no earthly good. In Fasting, we are putting our bodies into a great shock. And many people suffer in ways physically and emotionally, that God did not and DOES not intend.

We're not out to 'impress' Him with how much we 'suffer'. Fasting is not a competition to gain God's favor or attention. It is a cleansing and a rest for our bodies which enable us to 'hear' more clearly the voice and direction of God. Before entering a Fast, we must prepare and be aware of our bodies so that we can complete the Fast successfully.

Here are some wonderful and healthy tips to prepare for a Fast.

PROCEDURE
To prepare for the fast, eat only raw vegetables and fruits for two days. This will make the fast less of a shock to the body's system.

While on the fast, consume as least eight 8-ounce glasses of steam distilled water a day, plus pure juices and up to 2 cups of herbal tea a day. Dilute all juices with the water, adding about 1 part water to 3 parts juice.

Do not drink orange or tomato juice, and avoid all juices made with sweeteners or other additives. If you have a juicer, this is the time to pull it out of your kitchen cupboard and use it. It is wonderful for extracting the juice out of some fruits and vegetables that do not have a high fluid content, such as carrots and cabbage.

:yep: :up: The best juice to use during your fast is fresh lemon juice. Add the juice of one lemon to a cup of warm water.

Fresh apple, beet, cabbage, carrot, celery, and grape juices are also good, as are "green drinks," which are made from green leafy vegetables. These green drinks are excellent detoxifiers. Raw cabbage juice is particularly good for ulcers, cancer, and all colon problems. Just be sure to drink the cabbage juice as soon as it is prepared. As this juice sits, it loses its vitamin content.

Follow the juice-water-and-tea fast with a two-day diet of raw fruits and vegetables. The desired effects of the fast can be ruined by eating cooked foods immediately afterward. Because both the size of the stomach and the amount of secreted digestive juices may decrease during fasting. the first meals after a fast should be frequent and small.
HERBS and Herbal Teas:

Shimmie's Note ;):

I didn't list the Herbs and Herbal Teas from the website as I do not know everyone's medical history. Herbs are 'individual' -- meaning that not all of us can take the same herbs / teas for the same reasons due to individual reactions.

(Always consult with your doctor if you are taking prescription or over the counter medications, before taking herbs or herbal teas).

(see next post) ;)

Last edited:
Part 3 ;)

Shimmie's Note: I am not recommending the procedures listed such as the colon cleanses, enemas etc. for everyone. It's individual.

Although I use the fiber and the Spirilina (powder and tablets), herbal teas, Aloe Vera Juice, Natural Juicing, Raw Food Diet, these are still an individual and personal choice. I also take Barley and Wheat Grass powders mixed in natural juice, daily. These prepare and give give my body the strength during a 3-Day Fast of just warm lemon water.

Well, as you can see, our bodies have a lot going on and Fasting has more to do with us than 'just' spiritually. Our bodies go through some serious changes during a Fast which explains why we have the challenges remaining on one. We have both natural and spiritual 'toxins' to challenge us during a Fast.

Here's more from the website: ;)

RECOMMENDATIONS

If you must have something to eat during the fast, eat a piece of watermelon. Always eat watermelon by itself, with no additional foods. You can try applesauce - fresh, not canned - made in a blender or food processor. Leave the skin on the apples, and do not cook them.

Take a fiber supplement on a daily basis before and after your fast, but not during the fast. To promote cleansing of the colon before and after your fast, be sure to make extra fiber a part of your daily diet. Bran, especially oat bran, is an excellent source of fiber. Try to avoid supplements containing wheat bran, as they may be irritating to the colon wall. Another good source of fiber source is Aerobic Bulk Cleanse (ABC) from Aerobic Life Industries. To use this colon cleanser, mix it with half George's Aloe Vera Juice from Warren Laboratories, and half natural cranberry juice. This mixture adds fiber and has a healing and cleansing effect also. Psyllium seed husks and ground flaxseed are other good-quality fiber products. Be certain to accomany any fiber capsule with a large glass of water, because the capsules expand and soak up a good deal of water.

Do not chew gum while on the fast. The digestive process starts with chewing and prompts the body to secrete enzymes into the gastrointestinal tract. If there is no food in the stomach for the enzymes to digest, trouble occurs.

If desired, take spirulina during the fast. Spirulina is high in protein and contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals, plus chlorophyll for cleansing.[/COLOR][/B]

If you are using tablets, take 5 tablets three times daily. If you are using powder, take 1 teaspoon three times daily, mixing the powder with a cup of juice.

If you have hypoglycemia, never fast without also using a protein supplement. Spirulina, described above, is a good choice. Make sure the spirulina is of good quality, has been laboratory tested, and has been cleaned before processing. Kyo-Green from Wakunaga is also valuable. Before starting any fast, consult a qualified health care professional.

If you are over sixty-five, or if you need daily supplements for another reason, continue taking your vitamin and mineral supplements during the fast. Older people need certain vitamins and minerals daily, When you are drinking juices, reduce the dosage of supplements that you take.

If desired, before, during, and after your fast, use Kyo-Green from Wakunaga of America and ProGreens in capsule form or ProGreens in powder form from Nutricology. These products contain all the nutrients needed to aid in the healing process. If used during the fast, these products should replace a cup of "green drink".

During a fast, as toxins are released from your body, you may experience fatigue; body odor; dry, scaly skin; skin eruptions; headaches; dizziness; irritability; anxiety; confusion; nausea; coughing; diarrhea; dark urine; dark, foul-smelling stools; body aches; insomnia; sinus and bronchial mucus discharge; and/or visual or hearing problems. These symptoms are not serious, and will quickly pass for most individuals. To alleviate any of these symptoms, use a daily lemon juice enema to cleanse the colon, and a daily coffee enema to rid the liver of impurities.

Keep in mind, that the more toxins you have built up in your body's systems, the more intense your experience may be during the fast. If you have excessive toxins from years of exposure, use, and abuse, it is wise to be careful and detoxify slowly, a little at a time. Use shorter fasts, more frequently. While fasting, especially in the beginning, place yourself in a comfortable environment that will help to ease the inconveniences and symptoms of detoxification you may experience (such as a weekend or a few days you can spend at home near the bathroom and other conveniences instead of attempting to commute to work and perform your regular job duties. Take this time to pamper yourself in other ways as well.

During your fast, be sure to get adequate rest. If necessary, try napping during the day to recharge your body's "batteries".

If desired, before, during, and after your fast, use Desert Delight from Aerobic Life Industries. This product contains cranapple, papaya, and aloe vera juice. It helps keep the colon clean, and also supports kidney and bladder function, aids digestion, and has a healing effect on ulcers. If used during the fast, substitute this product for a cup of juice.

To make an excellent juice for healing many illnesses, juice together:
3 carrots
3 kale leaves
2 stalks of celery
2 beets
1 turnip
1/4 pound of spinach
1/2 head of cabbage
1/4 bunch of parsley
1/4 of an onion
1/2 clove of garlic

If you do not have a juicer, place the vegetables in a pure vegetable broth and gently boil them, adding no seasonings. A cup of this juice may be substituted for any other juice while fasting. Save the vegetables from the broth to eat after your fast. Remember that no solid food is allowed during the fast.

Last edited:
Part 4 ;)

During a fast, as toxins are released from your body, you will probably experience a coated tongue and an unpleasant taste in your mouth. To relieve this problem, try rinsing your mouth with fresh lemon juice.

If desired, before, during, and after your fast, use Daily Detox Tea from Houston International or Daily Detox Tea from MD Labs to help the bloodstream and organs eliminate toxins. If used during the fast, this product should replace a cup of herbal tea.

If you are a denture wearer, keep your dentures in your mouth throughout the fast to prevent shrinkage of the gums.

While fasting, continue your normal daily routine, including moderate exercise. Avoid any strenuous exercise.

Be aware that when your fast during a low phase, you help your body experience the "up" phase of the cycle - a period during which you feel great. This occurs because the body has been cleansed of impurities. However, when you start to pollute your body again, the toxins once again begin to build up, and, in time, you will again have a low phase.

When this occurs, the fast should be repeated.

Before, during, and after your fast, use dry-brush massages to help rid the skin of toxins and dead cells.

Perform the massage with a Natural bristle brush that has a long handle, so you can reach your back. Always brush toward the heart - from wrist to elbow, elbow to shoulder, ankles to knees, knees to hips, and so on. This massage will flake away large amounts of dead skin, freeing the pores of impediments, and, in turn, helping the skin to excrete poisons. It will also greatly improve circulation.

Do not use this technique on areas of the body affected by acne, eczema, or psoriasis. Also avoid brushing area that are broken or recently scarred, or that have protruding varicose veins.

http://www.moondragon.org/health/therapy/fasting.html

;) Angels, I hope you've found this helpful. I had to learn the hard way about Fasting and why my body had so many reactions and why I was so challenged during a Fast.

While, yes, we can blame it on the devil's distractions, that's not always the case. We still have to understand what's really going on and how he is able to use those distractions. We can't blame satan for everything. Sometimes it's us and we have to 'fix' it by gaining knowledge which applies to our challenges.

In Fasting, there's a reason our bodies react the way it does. We are actually ridding our bodies of diseases. We are actually healing during a fast. God designed us so perfectly. It's no wonder we have such a rich heritage. :yep:

Love and Blessings Angels and from this day forward...
"Happy Fasting." ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this together Shimmie!

I must clean this temple the right way, physically and spiritually. I've fasted many times before, but I've realized I never done it properly. My body went through serious ups and downs. I have a good book about fasting, but it concentrates more on the spiritual aspects; as did lessons at church. I didn't do the physical preparation before fasting. Now I understand the importance.

Mocha5's Spring Cleaning Challenge thread lead me to other fasting and cleansing threads on the Health Forum, and then I remembered this thread. I have to print Star's thread about fasting too, so I can put everything together and decide on the best way. I bought fruits, veggies, and cleansing teas yesterday.

Yesterday I found this site with good info
http://www.detoxification.ws
(I'm not buying anything, but the tips are good.)

Last edited:
victorious said:
Thanks for putting this together Shimmie!

I must clean this temple the right way, physically and spiritually. I've fasted many times before, but I've realized I never done it properly. My body went through serious ups and downs. I have a good book about fasting, but it concentrates more on the spiritual aspects; as did lessons at church. I didn't do the physical preparation before fasting. Now I understand the importance.

Mocha5's Spring Cleaning Challenge thread lead me to other fasting and cleansing threads on the Health Forum, and then I remembered this thread. I have to print Star's thread about fasting too, so I can put everything together and decide on the best way. I bought fruits, veggies, and cleansing teas yesterday.

Yesterday I found this site with good info
http://www.detoxification.ws
(I'm not buying anything, but the tips are good.)

Thank you for the sharing this site, the tips are indeed very good and I am adding this to my Detox/Fasting folder as well.

I also thank you for sharing Mocha's thread from the Fitness forum. I'm headed over there now.

The more we understand ourselves physically, the better we can prepare ourselves spiritually. It saves us so much 'prayer' time asking God for strenghth to endure and it keeps us more focused on the purpose and the direction of the 'Fast'.

The more we know, the better we'll flow with the Holy Spirit. ;)

Hugs and blessings to you... ;) "Happy Fasting...Everlasting"

Please also see sticky section "Pastor Jentzeen" gives some sciptures with each back to fasting and praying.

I do fast and pray with just water. Been doing this for almost 12 years. There many types of fasting and praying I just started putting lemon juice in water.

star said:
Please also see sticky section "Pastor Jentzeen" gives some sciptures with each back to fasting and praying.

I do fast and pray with just water. Been doing this for almost 12 years. There many types of fasting and praying I just started putting lemon juice in water.

I've been sharing your 'stickies' with many. :yep:

With so much that occurs with our bodies, it's always good to understand more. The lemon water is wonderful and I use it all the time now; as it helps settle the 'quesie' feelings that some people have with 'Fasting' and it 'cuts' the appetite. ;)

Water alone speeds up the release of toxins, hence the headaches, dizziness, bad taste in the mouth, or just an overall feeling of weakness and feeling sick.

The Reason why is .... 'Our American Diets.'

We eat so many preservatives, additives (man-made chemicals), sugars, salts, the medications we take (both prescription and over the counter), let alone the stress of day to day living, that it builds up an enormous amount of toxins in our bodies. Many of the toxins are 'body addictions' to the foods and chemicals we eat / injest into our bodies each day.

And when 'we' go 'cold turkey' ... just to a water only fast, without preparation, it can do more harm than good for many people in their bodies, even emotionally. The body literally goes into a 'shock' mode. Many people suffer a 'low' in body chemistry and literally feel depressed when their bodies are not being 'fed' their daily bread of chemicals.

Because of this, there are more people who get 'sick' during a fast and return to eating just to get that 'balance' back to their body chemistry and it defeats the entire purpose of a Spiritual Fast.

The problem is that they were not 'prepped' beforehand by moving into a Spiritual Fast gradually.

Granted, there are many of us that can and DO partake in a Water Fast only...I am one of them with 25 years to back my experience. But we still have to understand our bodies and prepare beforehand for us to reap the full benefits for the focus of our call to "Prayer and Fasting".

There are many precious souls who have been feeling as if they have failed God, because they could not endure a Fast. The attack upon their bodies was too overwhelming.

However, they did not 'fail' God, nor themselves. Instead there was another 'battle' going on that satan was using to get them off track/off focus. The battle was/is the Church who failed in preparing the Saints for the battle of the Fast and leaving them to feel as if they failed.

Well, not so anymore... ;)

Last edited:
Mocha5 said:
Thanks for taking the time to post this, Shimmie! :)
I thank God for your blessings to us as wel (especially in the fitness forum). You've blessed me tremendously.

We're all 'one.' ;)

Shimmie said:
I thank God for your blessings to us as wel (especially in the fitness forum). You've blessed me tremendously.

We're all 'one.' ;)

Shimmie,

I don't remember posting anything substantial in Fitness Forum. Maybe it was another Mocha. I don't wanna "steal" anyone's credit. ;)

Today is Day 3. Liquids only. I am SOOOOOOOOO agitated. Praying I can make it to Friday. I feel like everything is being "thrown" at me this week. I know it's probably just a test but that doesn't make it any easier. Got into a huge argument with DH about a lamp (of all things), truck went out on us this week, brother in law popped up on us on a one way ticket, kids are out of school this week fussin' none stop, momma called me this morning stressin' me out...whew....I'm pressin' though..

Mocha5 said:
Shimmie,

I don't remember posting anything substantial in Fitness Forum. Maybe it was another Mocha. I don't wanna "steal" anyone's credit. ;)

No it's you. :grin:

I mentioned earlier that your Spring Cleaning Challenge thread in Off-Topic (I forgot to write that part) led me to search topics in the Health and Christianity Forums regarding spiritual and internal cleansing.

I'm properly preparing to fast now so I won't get bad reactions.

Credit goes out to you, Shimmie and Star in reminding/prompting/informing me to Spring clean all areas of my life.

Mocha5 said:
Shimmie,

Today is Day 3. Liquids only. I am SOOOOOOOOO agitated. Praying I can make it to Friday. I feel like everything is being "thrown" at me this week. I know it's probably just a test but that doesn't make it any easier. Got into a huge argument with DH about a lamp (of all things), truck went out on us this week, brother in law popped up on us on a one way ticket, kids are out of school this week fussin' none stop, momma called me this morning stressin' me out...whew....I'm pressin' though..

The 'stomache' thread in 'fitness'...your replies were encouraging. And the Spring Cleaning that Victorious mentioned above... I need to clean my 'everything'... :lol:

I know about the irritability... I'm on lemon water (this is day three for me too :yep:) and no Starbucks. :cry: Yet I keep talking about going there. :lol:

Once you get past day 3, it's all down hill. The first three days are when the 'toxins' in our bodies really begin to surface. There's no food to disguise them. AND we are also fighting our food and additive addictions. The irritiability will pass by tomorrow. :)

victorious said:
No it's you. :grin:

I mentioned earlier that your Spring Cleaning Challenge thread in Off-Topic (I forgot to write that part) led me to search topics in the Health and Christianity Forums regarding spiritual and internal cleansing.

I'm properly preparing to fast now so I won't get bad reactions.

Credit goes out to you, Shimmie and Star in reminding/prompting/informing me to Spring clean all areas of my life.

:up: Mocha's is a true blessing and so are you and our faithful fasting team leader and 'sister' Star, Ms. Victorious. :)

Mocha5 said:
I love you, Shimmie...

Awwwww, you made me cry...happy tears. What a sweet blessing to come home to.

And precious one, I love you too. :kiss: And I wish above all things that you will prosper, be in health even as your precious soul prospers all the days of youir life.

Thank you for being the 'Mocha' Latte ;) that I can't have from Starbucks (because of the current 'Fast'). God always blesses us with something better than what we sacrifice. I now have a little Mocha sister to cherish. ;)

Have a wonderful growth in the Lord, for your fasting and prayers are not in vain. God has heard and He has also answered...'yes.'

Sweet blessings to you...always. ;)

Victorious... these same hugs and blessings are for you too ;)

Shimmie said:
Awwwww, you made me cry...happy tears. What a sweet blessing to come home to.

And precious one, I love you too. :kiss: And I wish above all things that you will prosper, be in health even as your precious soul prospers all the days of youir life.

Thank you for being the 'Mocha' Latte ;) that I can't have from Starbucks (because of the current 'Fast'). God always blesses us with something better than what we sacrifice. I now have a little Mocha sister to cherish. ;)

Have a wonderful growth in the Lord, for your fasting and prayers are not in vain. God has heard and He has also answered...'yes.'

Sweet blessings to you...always. ;)

Victorious... these same hugs and blessings are for you too ;)

Now, I'm crying...thank you...

I loved some of your recipes.

Shimmie said:
I've been sharing your 'stickies' with many. :yep:

With so much that occurs with our bodies, it's always good to understand more. The lemon water is wonderful and I use it all the time now; as it helps settle the 'quesie' feelings that some people have with 'Fasting' and it 'cuts' the appetite. ;)

Water alone speeds up the release of toxins, hence the headaches, dizziness, bad taste in the mouth, or just an overall feeling of weakness and feeling sick.

The Reason why is .... 'Our American Diets.'

We eat so many preservatives, additives (man-made chemicals), sugars, salts, the medications we take (both prescription and over the counter), let alone the stress of day to day living, that it builds up an enormous amount of toxins in our bodies. Many of the toxins are 'body addictions' to the foods and chemicals we eat / injest into our bodies each day.

And when 'we' go 'cold turkey' ... just to a water only fast, without preparation, it can do more harm than good for many people in their bodies, even emotionally. The body literally goes into a 'shock' mode. Many people suffer a 'low' in body chemistry and literally feel depressed when their bodies are not being 'fed' their daily bread of chemicals.

Because of this, there are more people who get 'sick' during a fast and return to eating just to get that 'balance' back to their body chemistry and it defeats the entire purpose of a Spiritual Fast.

The problem is that they were not 'prepped' beforehand by moving into a Spiritual Fast gradually.

Granted, there are many of us that can and DO partake in a Water Fast only...I am one of them with 25 years to back my experience. But we still have to understand our bodies and prepare beforehand for us to reap the full benefits for the focus of our call to "Prayer and Fasting".

There are many precious souls who have been feeling as if they have failed God, because they could not endure a Fast. The attack upon their bodies was too overwhelming.

However, they did not 'fail' God, nor themselves. Instead there was another 'battle' going on that satan was using to get them off track/off focus. The battle was/is the Church who failed in preparing the Saints for the battle of the Fast and leaving them to feel as if they failed.

Well, not so anymore... ;)

Shimmie said:
I know about the irritability... I'm on lemon water (this is day three for me too :yep:) and no Starbucks. :cry: Yet I keep talking about going there. :lol:

Shimmie: How are you coming? I know you're a pro at this. I'm just a baby in this whole fasting thing but I wanted to check in on you anyway. Does your fast end Good Friday at sunset? Mine does.

Victorious: Did you start?

Mocha5 said:
Shimmie: How are you coming? I know you're a pro at this. I'm just a baby in this whole fasting thing but I wanted to check in on you anyway. Does your fast end Good Friday at sunset? Mine does.

Victorious: Did you start?

Hey little angel, I'm not a 'pro'...:lol: I wish.

However, I'm doing fine today. After day 3 it's pretty easy to continue with a Fast. The toxins have had a chance to 'weaken' their control over me. I'm sipping on my lemon water right now. I'm also drinking lots of regular Spring/Filtered water without the lemon as well.

The good thing is that after the toxins weaken in our systems, the lemon water is really a treat, even without the sugar or honey... The regular water is an even better treat. :yep:

I'm continuing this Fast until Easter. From there it will be a 'partial' Fast. My focus is transitioning into a Fasted lifestyle. Eating more and more of the raw veggies/fruits; getting my protein from supplements and giving my body a rest from all of the additives and other mess that I've been eating.

I wish you well, and you are indeed a pro at this yourself. Just keep at it; it does get much easier with each Fast; especially when we prepare.

Hope you're doing well also Victorious.

((( Hugs ))))

star said:
I loved some of your recipes.

Star you have been my best teacher in Fasting when it comes to discipline. As I've watched your consistant yielding and obedience, here in this forum, I can only hope to be as faithful as you are with this lifestyle of dedication.

Hence my life of preparation. Too many of my prior Fasts were filled with too many prayers that pleaded, "Help me Lord to sustain this Fast." When the prayers could / should have been prayed for something more focused. Am I making sense?

The Lord has shown me the culprit...and now it's defeated.

Blessings and love to you, angel.

Back