FANTASTIC salon experience!

peacelove

I just came back from Jul's Studios in Parlin, NJ http://www.julsstudios.com/index.htm where I had the best salon experience. I got a touch up, trim, blow dry and flat iron (yes, no roller set!) and my hair came out amazing. My stylist was Fiefie and she sat with me and looked at my hair to determine the best relaxer. They will NEVER perm bone straight - they make a point of telling you this. And they use wonderful lines - Mizani, Affirm, Elucence, Designer Touch and Paul Mitchell. I got Elucence because she immediately told me Affirm was too strong for my hair. Her application was wonderful - I had scratched the night before but did not burn. She even put some conditioner on the ends of my hair in the front to protect them. Of course no overlapping and she based me really well. I was rinsed, and got a deep condition after.

As I said, I got a blow dry and flat iron, not a roller set. They blow dry using big vent brushes and a Mizani product before blowing. Then she gave me a fantastic trim ( I have a lot of split ends and breakage and really just need a big chop, but we decided to do it in stages.) They do not do crazy trims at all, only what is needed. Then she applied some IC serum and I was flat ironed with a CHI iron (they use CHI and FHI I think). My hair looks and feels amazing. I could not be more pleased with this salon and the environment. Everyone was so pleasent and they have a positive spirit about them. They really care about what they do. I told Fiefie about this site, so they may come on. And I told Jule's the owner I would spread the word. She has been in the current location a year, but she has been doing hair a long time. You can read more about them on the site. There are two stylists with one in training. If anyone goes, you can go to either Jule's or FieFie. Licoln is their assistant who is soon to be a full stylist. I think Jule's may be more booked since she is the owner, but as I said FieFie is excellent. I am going to give her a glowing review on their site.

I do NOT have a digital camera yet. I have to get one. So sorry, I don't have photos! But they are really on point. Their other clients seem to have such healthy hair. They changed my whole mind about blow drying. I will be going to them every other week from here on out. That will be my only heat on my hair - I won't use heat in between.

I am really really happy!

Back