Fake Hair Producets

Pumpkin

I was watching a Paul Mitchell commercial and he said his products can ONLY be found at certified salons NOT at your local drug store. I was wondering if anyone else was concerned as I am about these fake products being sold at Rite AId, Duane Reade or the local beauty supply store? Are most products they have there fake? For example, Aveda says you can only purchase their products at select salons...then why does Duane Reade have them. Also I purchased shampoo that my stylist (yes Marvin
grin.gif
) uses and it made my hair terrible. I am guessing I bought the bootleg version. So today I am making a special trip to Sally's in Brooklyn because L'oreal says it is a certified retailer of their products.
confused.gif

Re: Fake Hair Products

They aren't fake. All stylists say that. Motions is a salon product too, and so is Dudley's and Affirm. Vendors just sell them to the general public. They aren't supposed to. If you look at the back of these products, it says "guaranteed only when purchased from a licensed stylist" or something like that. So basically, if you buy a salon product from a drug store, it is understood that you are using it at your own risk.

I'd only be concerned if I bought it the first time from a salon, and the second time from Rite-Aid, and the one I bought from Rite-Aid was
censored.gif
. If didn't notice any difference, then I really wouldn't worry about it because if it works on my hair thats all I care about anyway!!
laugh.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Pumpkin said:
Also I purchased shampoo that my stylist (yes Marvin
grin.gif
) uses

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean your secret lover?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
HoneyRockette said:
They aren't fake. All stylists say that. Motions is a salon product too, and so is Dudley's and Affirm. Vendors just sell them to the general public. They aren't supposed to. If you look at the back of these products, it says "guaranteed only when purchased from a licensed stylist" or something like that. So basically, if you buy a salon product from a drug store, it is understood that you are using it at your own risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I think Motions tells you that their products that don't say at home on them should only be used by professionals
smile.gif

Drea84
cool.gif

It makes sense to me why they wouldn't want to someone to use a heavy chemical product at home (coloring, relaxing, etc) but something like a shampoo or conditioner (I'm excluding deep protein here) I don't see what a stylist could do that I couldn't ya know?

Back