Fake a Puff with Relaxed ends

Pandoras Box

anyone ever done it? Know of any youtube tutorials? My mission this weekend is to get a fake puff. I dont think it will be that hard, because my hair is more texlaxed than really relaxed......

anyone ever done it? Know of any youtube tutorials? My mission this weekend is to get a fake puff. I dont think it will be that hard, because my hair is more texlaxed than really relaxed......

My friend did this a lot during transitioning. She'd set it on perm rods and, before it was completely dry, take them out, separate/tease it a bit.

My friend did this a lot during transitioning. She'd set it on perm rods and, before it was completely dry, take them out, separate/tease it a bit.

That's exactly what I did. I used the tiny white perm rods and when my hair was dry, I added a tiny bit of moiturizer and separated the curls. The style lasted a little over a week.

That's exactly what I did. I used the tiny white perm rods and when my hair was dry, I added a tiny bit of moiturizer and separated the curls. The style lasted a little over a week.

This is what I do for my braidouts. When they get old, I rock a faux puff.:yep:

I was going to suggest a straw set but I guess perm rods would do the trick also.

I think you can do bantu knot outs or flexi rods...since mine always turn out bad, I always have to turn them into a puff!

I did one on fully relaxed hair when I was about 12 or 13 weeks post. :look: I wish I had taken pictures, I got many surprise compliments on it. I basically braided my hair over night, put them on flexi rods for an hour or so in the morning, took them loose, and then gently picked it out with an afro pick.

I do it with my leftover twist and curl. I also make a huge 'reverse bun' with straight hair sometimes.
0404101951.jpg
0404101746.jpg

I call it a reverse bun because I take all the hair outwards and lump it into the middle if that makes sense. Hth.

I do it with my leftover twist and curl. I also make a huge 'reverse bun' with straight hair sometimes.
0404101951.jpg
0404101746.jpg

I call it a reverse bun because I take all the hair outwards and lump it into the middle if that makes sense. Hth.

I have to try this. Are you pinning with bobby pins in the middle?

I have to try this. Are you pinning with bobby pins in the middle?

I just use one of these
images.jpg

I gather all the straight relaxed pieces and gather them into the middle of my puff and secure it with the pin by twisting it in there. It ends up looking like a huge bun. When I don't feel like doing anything to my hair I just do this because I can do it on dry hair that looks a hot mess and be presentable in 5 minutes :grin:

I have a few ways of doing it as I transition (I always pull into a banana clip btw):

If I have time, I agree with the braidouts with tiny rods on the end and bantu knotouts.

When I was in a rush and didn't time for waiting for braidouts and bantu knotouts to dry overnight or under a dryer, I would scrunch my wet hair with scurl spray and frizz ease serum & dream curl. Once it's 75% dry it poufs up and is thick enough to look like a puff. While it's wet it looks stringy. I would continuously scrunch for about 30 mins while I was getting ready. The 2nd day it looks even bigger and better.

I did it before when I was transitioning. I just set my hair on perm rods and fluffed it out after it dried and put it up in a puff. Here's a pic back from 2004 but you can't really see the puff:

2w2361v.jpg

Back