Extremely discouraged

I am having a very bad hair day.
Before LHCF, i was in Blissful ignorance. My hair was jacked up but never in sight. I always looked on point, with perfect hairdoes etc.
Now i look like a Librarian half the time. With Buns and boring phony ponies.
What is most scary, when i do reach my goal length of between APL and BSl, i cant even wear the hair down every day...i will still look like a frigging librarian.
I feel like weaves damaged my hair so i have avoided them so far (since joining lhcf)
I just washed my hair, Dced and airdried. It is impossible for me to detangle in the shower beacuse my hairs always feels fused...any attempt at detangling always leads to breakage. SO i let my fused hair do its thing. By the time i'm relaxing, off course i loose a lot of hair cus the fused hair has to be detangled. sharpish.
I have made quite a few threads about dealing with severe tangles but a only a few kind souls responded...

My hair is growing...it just only looks good after i relax and blowdry to show length, after that, return of the boring princess with a round face and updo bun.

My hair is never going to get to my goal length if i dont find a way to deal with the tangles (and i have tried a million and one different ways) nothing helps but to comb hard and break away all my progress...or to blowdry which isnt allowed right:wallbash:)

Sareca, i just tried the oil thing as pre con...even sat under the dryer with the oil in....but did it work...nada.
I hate my hair right now

Awww, that's too bad. The type of oil might make a difference. If you're feeling inclined to try again. Try it with jojoba. It worked much better than olive and coconut.

Back