Extra, Extra!! Did You Know That CVS.....????

sunnydey

Hello everyone!
Did you guys know that CVS is selling.....get this.....these haircare products.....are you guys ready.....????!!!!! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

1.) Paul Mitchell
2.) Nexxus
3.) Sebastians
4.) Tigi Bed Head....and...
5.) Biolage!!!!!!!! WOW!!! I was t-totally shocked!!!! /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

Did anyone else already post a thread about this? I might be a little late on knowing about CVS selling our beloved haircare products. If someone else has posted already about these findings then please excuse my message. I was just so surprised to see these kind of brand name products in a pharmacy or drugstore! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Have a very happy, healthy, long, strong and thick growing hair day!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

Not to bring you down, but I would be suspect of these products. A few months ago, I noticed some products in Target and told my husband. Well the next thing you know he saw a special on TV about these stores selling these products and some of the designers were saying that they do not put their guarantee on these products and some don't even endorse them at certain stores. They mentioned that only certain places are authorized to sell their products and some of these other stores may have old bottles of their products. Just be careful when you purchase them.

I found out 2 days ago. I thought about what you said Kaddy, and thought I would compare ingredients to what I already have from a salon. Everything seemed legit. If anyone else finds out something different please let me know.

Oh no, I am not saying the ingredients on the bottle would be different, but they may be bottles that are old and the quality inside may not be anymore good. Say, for example, they are 3 years old and should have been discarded instead of sold.

[ QUOTE ]
Not to bring you down, but I would be suspect of these products. A few months ago, I noticed some products in Target and told my husband. Well the next thing you know he saw a special on TV about these stores selling these products and some of the designers were saying that they do not put their guarantee on these products and some don't even endorse them at certain stores. They mentioned that only certain places are authorized to sell their products and some of these other stores may have old bottles of their products. Just be careful when you purchase them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your concerns. At the CVS near me though, Nexxus and other "upscale" brands are shelved separately from the usual variety under "Salon/Professional." That's where I got Therappe and Humectress. (And yes, they were pricey!)

i would be wary. i bought some paul mitchell "the shine" from eckerd one time, and I promise it did not work as well. Well I had an old bottle that I had gotten from the salon before and I compared the two bottles. the bottle from eckerd's did not say "guaranteed only when sold in salons", but the one from the salon did. the print was also darker on the salon bottle. so i think there is some truth to the products in the grocery/drug store not being up to par.

yeah, they arent supposed to be selling that stuff. they are usually tampered with or replaced with another liquid. they arent guaranteed unless bought from a salon. i watched a special on this one day..

http://www.abc-7.com/WhistleBlower/
click on 'Counterfeit hair care products' under WhistleBlower Archives.

Whoa! Thanks for the link hOnii. I've learned my lesson. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

How about products sold in beauty/hair stores? They aren't salons...

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, they arent supposed to be selling that stuff. they are usually tampered with or replaced with another liquid. they arent guaranteed unless bought from a salon. i watched a special on this one day..

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe CVS would sell substandard products. They are pretty reputable and I don't think they'd risk their rep and integrity by selling a few watered down product to make a few (and I do mean few) bucks.

[ QUOTE ]
How about products sold in beauty/hair stores? They aren't salons...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I would trust those products that are considered to be "premium and upscale" products. I only purchase products like that from salons that are listed on the designers website or that are licensed distributors.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe CVS would sell substandard products. They are pretty reputable and I don't think they'd risk their rep and integrity by selling a few watered down product to make a few (and I do mean few) bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure the people selling the products wouldnt know that they are tampered with or watered down. they buy it from other people.

They were saying that the stores didn't know about the products being substandard or fake.

Also, for all the ladies that buy products from Ebay. This may be the case also. I think I will just keep purchasing my products from the salon just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the info Honii!!

[ QUOTE ]
Where are you located? I haven't noticed any ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi AudraChanell. I am located in Atlanta, GA. I am not sure if the products were counterfeit or not but the prices were not cheap.

[ QUOTE ]
They were saying that the stores didn't know about the products being substandard or fake.

Also, for all the ladies that buy products from Ebay. This may be the case also. I think I will just keep purchasing my products from the salon just to be on the safe side.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, i forgot about ebay. i'm going to stop buying hair products there also!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, i forgot about ebay. i'm going to stop buying hair products there also!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's across the board. I order a lot of online products. Certain products are supposed to be from pro to pro only. However, that doesnt stop places like Metro Beauty, Sheldeez, Sickbay, or whomever. However, 'tis true, if you want the original ... go to the source. Not possible in all cases though for certain products like Salerm, Affirm, Alter Ego and so on. We are supposed to only order retail items if not licensed.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great link by the way, Honi!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks hOnii for the link! This is very valuable information. I will continue to buy my hair care products from JC Penney salons or other licensed salons.

The 24 hr CVS and Kroger stores in my 'hood have every salon product under the sun, but I am wary... When I want these things, I usually go up the road to Ulta. Ever since my bad experience years ago with a tainted bottle of simple TreSemme shampoo, I have chosen the policy of safety-first... /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hello everyone!
Did you guys know that CVS is selling.....get this.....these haircare products.....are you guys ready.....????!!!!! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

1.) Paul Mitchell
2.) Nexxus
3.) Sebastians
4.) Tigi Bed Head....and...
5.) Biolage!!!!!!!! WOW!!! I was t-totally shocked!!!! /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

Did anyone else already post a thread about this? I might be a little late on knowing about CVS selling our beloved haircare products. If someone else has posted already about these findings then please excuse my message. I was just so surprised to see these kind of brand name products in a pharmacy or drugstore! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Have a very happy, healthy, long, strong and thick growing hair day!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that the ingredients in these products that they sell at CVS adn drugstores are not the same as the ones in the salon. Check the ingredients first.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am one who always makes sure to buy salon products at salons. Other stores are really not legitimately authorized to sell them and I do not trust them. I have also seen the news reports and articles on this.

Some salons and hairstylists buy the products that they sell to us from some of the same beauty supply stores that we do.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've brought products from Ebay....never thought about that. It makes sense. I guess I will stick to the bss and salon also.

[ QUOTE ]
The 24 hr CVS and Kroger stores in my 'hood have every salon product under the sun, but I am wary... When I want these things, I usually go up the road to Ulta. Ever since my bad experience years ago with a tainted bottle of simple TreSemme shampoo, I have chosen the policy of safety-first... /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Virtuasis,

Oh, no! /images/graemlins/nono.gif What happened?

I just found out the Paul Mitchell Products in my CVS was sold to them from a beautician and she gets a cut from selling the products to the store.
The product are legit too.

Back