Extensions- What is the Best Hair you Purchased

hairqueenny

Hi Ladies,

I'm fairly new to the forum though I have been lurking forever. I would like to say thanks to everyone because I feel like I learned so much in the past few months I have been reading. I am finally ready to jump in and start this post for the ladies that wear extensions- weaves or wigs as protective styles. What is the best hair that you ever purchased? I have been burned so many times by these vendors but wanted to hear the good stories. The best hair I purchased was from Indique in 2011. I wore this hair until it couldn't be worn anymore. The quality of their hair has definitely gone down since then. So what is the best hair you had?

For BSS extensions it would be the Goddess Duby Bump

For "virgin" hair it would be QHP, the best of the worse...

This is a good thread OP.

Im fairly new to extensions so I dont have an opinion yet but I want to hear it all. I am curious but also afraid to order hair from online vendors.

Question: how long should the hair 'last' if its good? Does this depend on whether its virgin or not? How many times should you be able to reuse it? Who makes that decision...you or the stylist?

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Im fairly new to extensions so I dont have an opinion yet but I want to hear it all. I am curious but also afraid to order hair from online vendors.

Question: how long should the hair 'last' if its good? Does this depend on whether its virgin or not? How many times should you be able to reuse it? Who makes that decision...you or the stylist?

I LOVE this HHJ!!

It really depends on the hair and what your expectations are. My sister can make human blend or synthetic lasts for a month.

Imo bss human hair should last at least 3 weeks

Remi hair should last about 6 to 8 weeks

"Virgin" should last through multiple installs of several weeks

How many installs you can get out of the same hair largely depends on how you care for the hair

Another factor is the pattern of hair such as straight wavy curly etc. Imo curly has the potential to lasts longer only bc tangling is less noticeable and the hair shouldn't shed as much bc it also shouldnt be manipulated as much. But keep in mind curly hair does come with its own set of issues such as aversion to certain products etc.

Even though Ive been wearing extensions for 10 years I am not a pro and what ive said is based on my own personal experiences.

Its gonna take some trial and error.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

This may be a stupid question but what is OP?? I'm still learning all the acronyms.

I LOVE this HHJ!![/QUOTE

It took me a long time to order hair from online vendors so I understand your concern. It's definitely a gamble with your money and it's not fun when the hair does not turn out good.

"Good" hair should at least last the full install. BSS hair can lasts one install probably around 8 weeks but "virgin" hair should lasts about 3 installs or more. It definitely depends on the quality whether this holds true or not. I have used hair for a year going straight from one install to the next but I treated it just like my hair.

hairqueenny

Hair should last at least 1-1.5yrs if its great quality, meaning that it can be used for multiple installations, washed/conditioned and reused. Extensions plus is a great vendor to start with as they have an excellent rep and have been in business for years. Check out the weave section of blackhairmedia as well they know all of the pros/cons of many of the vendors plus some are stylists or make/do their own weaves, wigs or clip-ins.

Back