Extensions Plus

Mena

What is the hype about the hair?

I went by the store today and the relaxed texture was nice but not as nice if I thought it would be.

I think I might give up on trying to blend my hair with weaves. The only way my hair will stay blended is if I apply heat every 2 weeks or I put an evil perm in it. :/

Maybe you could try all about my hair (AAMH.com). I think they have a more natural looking straight hair and it may blend better. Check out blackhairmediaforum.com and search different brands. On that site they rave about WagmanPrimus hair. I really have not been lucky enough to find a brand that I like as much as everyone else. Check and see if some hair sites have samples you can order. HTH

The hype about the Extensions Plus relaxed texture is that it blends so perfectly with relaxed texture hair. What you saw in the store might not have been flatironed, but when it IS... OMG the match is incredible! The other thing about EP is that the hair lasts and lasts. You can remove the wefts and reuse them - some people (including myself) have been able to reuse them for more than a year of continuous installs.

The hype about the Extensions Plus relaxed texture is that it blends so perfectly with relaxed texture hair. What you saw in the store might not have been flatironed, but when it IS... OMG the match is incredible! The other thing about EP is that the hair lasts and lasts. You can remove the wefts and reuse them - some people (including myself) have been able to reuse them for more than a year of continuous installs.

Soulie?????????????????????

Is that you??????

I have a freind that wears this hair.

Let me tell you something. She had my hubby and MANY people fooled about the fact that she had a weave at all. The hair is amazing... Of course you would have to see that for yourself.

ETA: she is still wearing this hair... Her first install was in Oct of 2006.............

So - soulie is right... the hair is worth every dime.

A couple of other things I forgot to mention about the EP: I was on vacation last winter and swimming every day, but I didn't want to flatiron daily. The relaxed texture showed the same reversion that my own, left-out hair showed, so it ALL was puffier. This was great because there are few things I despise more than mis-matched textures on my head.

The other thing is that the quality of weave hair is largely dependent upon the quality of the wefts. The best hair in the world isn't any good if it continually sheds off the wefts. The EP is very well wefted; I think they actually do it on site.

I swear by this hair. It matches my hair whether air dried, curled or flat ironed. And it doesn't shed, so it lasts for up to a year at a time if you take care of it.

I just purchased this hair based on the recommendations on Black Hair Media. I plan to keep my hair weaved up at least until the end of the year. You guys just confirmed that I made a smart purchase. Thanks!!!!!!!

I usually used about 5 oz or less with my crown and front left out. Remember that the longer the length the more you will use - longer length=shorter weft. I was wearing 14".

I have the Relaxed Texture and im pleased. I wouldnt do the aamh if you're natural. It was a little silkier to me and the way they did the texture left the krimps which come out but not without alot of work, and they will revert on you. Either way its worth looking into a full weave with no hair left out, then you wont have to worry about blending at all. Of course EPRT is more expensive but it lasts and is a better investment in the long run. I only use 10 or 12 so 4 oz was enough for me.

I have the Relaxed Texture and im pleased. I wouldnt do the aamh if you're natural. It was a little silkier to me and the way they did the texture left the krimps which come out but not without alot of work, and they will revert on you. Either way its worth looking into a full weave with no hair left out, then you wont have to worry about blending at all. Of course EPRT is more expensive but it lasts and is a better investment in the long run. I only use 10 or 12 so 4 oz was enough for me.

ohh ok good to know :)

Yep i have some in right now. I have some relaxed texture also that i brought last year but never found a good stylist that i thought was good enough either to install it.(So that maybe my next install) And i purchased some curly that i have in now. I love it. And plus the hair is very soft. And plus it blends really easy and i am natural and have just a little hair out at the top. ive had my hair like this for two weeks. I'm hoping to keep it like this for at least 3 months.

Did you look at the Relaxed or Silky Relaxed? I hate the relaxed, it requires way too much heat to straighten it, but if you plan on wearing wash and go styles and braid/twist-outs it is probably a perfect selection. I prefer the silky relaxed.

Does anyone wear the italian curly? I'm 4b natural and only wear my hair straight once a month. I don't prefer to have straight hair all the time. Would the italian curly still be a "culture shock" for me. Thanks for any help...

extensions plus is the bomb. I wear it and it lasts forever. As far as the italian curly, it is silky and will not match 4B hair. If you do not want to straighten, your best bet is a full weave with a closure or to get them to make some custom for you.

extensions plus is the bomb. I wear it and it lasts forever. As far as the italian curly, it is silky and will not match 4B hair. If you do not want to straighten, your best bet is a full weave with a closure or to get them to make some custom for you.

i do plan to get a full weave, but i just don't want it to be silky straight. When you say "custom", do you think they could do something curlier ( 3c-ish)?

i do plan to get a full weave, but i just don't want it to be silky straight. When you say "custom", do you think they could do something curlier ( 3c-ish)?

They can do pretty much ANYTHING. I strongly urge you to send a picture of what you want; don't rely upon phone descriptions. :yep:

2 oz costs about $115 for a 10". that's a lot for me. I'm curious though, someone suggested this hair to me in the 'How many ounces/lbs of hair' thread I had.

Has anyone used an EP closure? I'm thinking of purchasing the EPSRT closure with the part. I would love to hear your experiences.

http://www.extensions-plus.com/SilkyRelWeftClosures.html

I purchased a closure and used it once. The closure itself was great, unfortunately the stylist who did the install wasn't great. She told me she had done closures before and clearly had NOT; I even got on the computer in the salon and brought up some how-to threads for her to see what needed to be done... she didn't get it and I gave up on her. The closure, however, was very well made and was exactly what I had wanted.

Back