Extending Perm

parrilla

Hi,

I've just subscribe to this site; however, I've been viewing this site from last year. My question is directed to individuals who have 3b/4_ hair and extend their perms. How do you keep the roots of your hair soft enough to manage without breakage or much shedding throughout the waiting process? My hair is a 3b and I have trouble extending my relaxer because of hair growth (roots).

I'm natural, but this topic is all over this board. Try searching the forum for "stretching" threads. I do know one popular way is rollersetting, or rollerwrapping, or wrapping and putting suran wrap on the hair. Go to: www.healthytextures.typepad.com and look at the video tutorials to see more about that. Otherwise, I'm sure there will be more people along to help! Welcome, and happy growing!

:wave: Welcome! I'm a 3c and I'm currently trying to stretch for 3 months between relaxers. The things that have helped me the most are frequent co-washing, deep conditioning and detangling with a wide tooth comb under running water & only combing on wash days, afro detangler from Grow Afro Hair Long products & red palm butter from Camdengrey.com to soften my new growth and last but not least, KENRA moisturizing poo & condish to balance moisture in your hair and minimize breakage, and Porosity control for excellent slip for detangling and to help your other conditioners work better...love them! Good luck on your journey! HHG

Last edited:
Back