Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No - would you eat expired food

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

imstush

This usually comes up especially in regards to Indian hair products. I bought a huge bottle of Amla and Shikakai shampoo that expired in January (it doesn't say 12 months after expiration date, like some Indian products). I noticed all of my Indian hair products are expired. Is it good to keep using these products or is it better to toss it. This would seem like an obvious question, but I am curious. Thanks.

If you just bought these, I would return for an exchange. However, if you've had them on hand for a while and they've expired. I'd still use them. I don't think expired oils would harm you. Hopefully other will chime in.

i think there might've been a post about this a year or so ago and i responded...but honestly, they usually are good for a year or 3 after the date posted on the bottle. its pretty much a rule of thumb for most indian products so you'll be okay and there will be no problems with the product. and honestly, from dealing with many indian grocery stores and having a good good friend of mine's parents run one, they don't accept returns and will try to fight you on whether the product is safe to use.

i've done it before with no problems ever so don't have any concerns about its safety. and they are definitely more lax with their expiry dates over there so you can use them liberally well after the date printed. but i know, when i first saw an expired bottle (after i bought it, of course!) i reacted the same way... then afterwards i just got straight-up mad but used it anyways... lol:lol:

Unless they've been exposed to extreme temperatures or have something growing in them, I think oils should be safe for a while.

Back